Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buddy is still alive.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My buddy is still alive.

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I'm curious Atlas could you do it?

Tom

I have posted pictures of deer in my yard on this site for years.........most guys here know there is no hunting allowed anywhere near my home.................and if there were I would still never even consider it. I have watched this deer since he was a baby.......all the way to where he is now (actually saw him mount a doe last year). We have developed a good, trusting relationship. He knows if he sees me in the garden there is a good chance I will toss him some tomatoes.........and when I get up early and sip coffee overlooking him bedded down with some does in my yard it doesn't exactly suck.
So I guess he is not just a "Meat sack" to you then. That is good

Meat sack is an Atlas coined phrase, I do not want to take credit for it
Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Awesome deer Atlas........see if you can find those sheds in about a month or so.

I would like to find his sheds.................I may try a little harder this year because he didn't change much from last year to now so I think he is about at his max.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: ILBOW

how old is he now???
He will be 5 in a couple months.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Are you getting him a gift?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: njbuck22

Atlas, that is one hell of an animal. I could love to see a deer like that. I dont know if i have the self control that you do, if i had one like that running around my back yard, it would be awful hard not to shoot.
I would have probably said the same thing if I never lived here..........seeing them year round and having them be a regular part of your daily life makes things different. For me anyways.

I do shake my head sometimes when I get up to go turkey or deer hunting and see a couple bucks and toms sitting in my yard when my headlights go on [8D]
Old 01-19-2007, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

looks like a dandy!!how many points?looks like your getting some snow.
Dan
To be totally honest I did not count him up last night with the new stickers and such............I will pay more attention next time and let you know. My guess is 10 or 11 with the new junk...........12 max.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess the fact that it's illegal kinda makes it easier to take the high road though, huh?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:05 PM

That's a mighty fine buck! Hopefully you can find his sheds!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

ORIGINAL: il coyote

I have a feeling from reading atlas' posts that he'll get more enjoyment watching his buddy grow up than stick an arrow in him from his back porch while wearing a bathrobe and then tack the antlers on the wall.
Yea, but I was at Bass Pro yesterday in St. Louis Mo. and they now have a Real Tree camaflage robes. So it's ok now to shoot from your bed room window after you getup and start moving around.

My friends cousin shot a big 9 pointer in his yard wearing Sponge Bob boxer shorts............then changed into his camo for the pics
Old 01-19-2007, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Atlas, would you please answer these poor guys?
Geeesh.........I will gladly not go to work if you want to pay my mortgage for me

Quick Reply: My buddy is still alive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.