Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buddy is still alive.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My buddy is still alive.

I'm still going with it's not legal to shoot him......hence the photos without Atlas in them.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: il coyote

I have a feeling from reading atlas' posts that he'll get more enjoyment watching his buddy grow up than stick an arrow in him from his back porch while wearing a bathrobe and then tack the antlers on the wall.
Yea, but I was at Bass Pro yesterday in St. Louis Mo. and they now have a Real Tree camaflage robes. So it's ok now to shoot from your bed room window after you getup and start moving around.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atlas, would you please answer these poor guys?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

He doesn't have to. I'm just messing with him. I'll say this....

NC is getting ready to adopt an urban archery season. It'll allow cities/municipalities to enact a season (after regular deer season) to act as a pseudo depredation permit for the cities.....and allow them to have deer taken by archers from Jan 1 to an undisclosed date.

The bigger question would be......if it were to be made legal....would you shoot it, then? My answer would depend on whether or not someone else would. In my neck of the woods.....that deer would be "toast" whether it was legal or not (but not by my arrow). I can understand, totally, not shooting it if it's illegal.....but if they opened up a season on him.....what would happen?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

atlas ... does this guy need to fear you when the season starts this year???
Nope.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

I would set up a shed trap in your yard where he eats, and grap those sheds

I have tried putting my hay bales about a foot apart and hoping he would knock them off trying to reach between..........it hasn't worked yet. Other then that all the other things look like a deer could become trapped or entangled in them so I don't care to risk that.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

No offense, Atlas.....but what does that answer mean? Is it illegal to shoot him?
Or....is it legal and he still doesn't need to fear you?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I'm curious Atlas could you do it?

Tom

I have posted pictures of deer in my yard on this site for years.........most guys here know there is no hunting allowed anywhere near my home.................and if there were I would still never even consider it. I have watched this deer since he was a baby.......all the way to where he is now (actually saw him mount a doe last year). We have developed a good, trusting relationship. He knows if he sees me in the garden there is a good chance I will toss him some tomatoes.........and when I get up early and sip coffee overlooking him bedded down with some does in my yard it doesn't exactly suck.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Your not a very good buddy of his since you allow him to suffer through those harsh winters in the Northeast. You should treat him better,stick him, stuff him and let him hang by you warm fire place all winter long.

The only way he will ever end up on my wall is if he gets killed by a car and I find him.........I would gladly pay him that respect.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smart buck in his choices of placesto live.Hopefully no one poaches him for his headgear. He's a beauty Atlas.

I have three bucks that fed in my yard from August to Oct this fall. I couldn't imagine shooting one, it would be like killing a pet. I purposely scared them off during hunting season just to educate them a bit. They picked up on it fast and began only showing up well after dark..

Quick Reply: My buddy is still alive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.