Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this normal?

Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Is this normal?

You'll find that you spend more time on here, than in the stand.
There goes all the stuff you been meaning to get done around the house...
goodluck!
crutch
Old 01-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

I feel your pain, I am gettin married in 6 months, so I have been buying like crazy, except for the fact that I don't have alot of money to spend, so I haven't got all the things I want, but I'm trying! As for the poster, you should put up a poster of Ted Nugents wife, she is a little bit better lookin than Stan Potts
Old 01-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

it sounds normal to me ,i have done the same thing. But i did not spend that much money in it. I am only 16 dont have that much money.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:20 AM

I started shooting again after I got married. I put a new bow on layaway once I knew I wanted to get back into it 100% and my wife ended going and paying it off. so Marriage isn't all bad fellas!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntND

I started shooting again after I got married. I put a new bow on layaway once I knew I wanted to get back into it 100% and my wife ended going and paying it off. so Marriage isn't all bad fellas!
Marraige is awesome!! Just make sure you marry the woman God wants you to marry .... My baby bought memy new bow .... .I love that woman!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BOWs4LIFE

This is my first year bowhunting and I'm starting wonder if I'm nuts or this sport is just that great. I've already bought two bowtechs and I'm in the middle of checking out the 07's. Right now I'm picking out a spot in my house to put a poster of Stan Potts with a B&C. Is this Normal or do I need pro help?
Sounds normal..I'll save my final answer until I find out just wear you hang that Stan Potts Poster..If it's above your bed..you might have issues!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Just keep it balanced.

My wife knows how much the outdoors means to me....and she is fascinated by the stories of my adventures (As I am.....with deer hunting still being a new passion). Just make time for her, too. I sit at home and wish I could go hunting. I sit in a tree and miss my wife. It's a great feeling.....both ways.

It doesn't hurt that the Nuge's wife has NOTHING on mine...lol.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:04 AM

well, All i can really ad is.......I took my Girl out, Got her all dressed up and scent free only for her to tworl her hair and play with her cell phone and chew gum! But now she just thinks I'm boring and a weirdo for being all quite in the dark of the forest. Which is the best case scenario, Now she knows what I do, and she doesn't give me any slack about spending 150 hrs in the woods. She just thinks I'm a wierdo-which is O.k by me!!!!
Next year will go Down in Infamy!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Ha im the same way this is my first year bow huinting and i love it
its driving my parents and girl nuts
now im getting a nother bow so i can go bowfishing
Old 01-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's normal, My House is full of wild game related stuff and pictures of not only us with Game we have taken, But some of popular Bowhunters we know and have met over the years. We had been married about 10 years,when my Wife walked over to the Bow rack, picked one up, and said, Do You have one of these that will fit me? And the rest is History! She has taken more deer with a bow, than most men I know and is my hunting partner. If my Son in lawcalls from Kansas and I answer the phone, He will say, I got a Bowhunting question, can I talk to MOM, Like she is Miss Deer Hunting Abbe or something. It cracks me up! So the wife is no problem when it comes to Bowhunting in this Family, well except when it comes to getting new gear, then there is usually a scrap over who got what last!!!

Quick Reply: Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.