Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think it would work or is it crazy?????

Old 01-18-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Do you think it would work or is it crazy?????

I dont know if it would work, scare them off, or just be a waste of time I was thinking I might be able to put a treestand up on the camera tree and when it flaskhed use the light to shoot at these coyotes because right now they are over populated and we need to thin them out{I mean like stay up all night long and wait}

Old 01-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you think it would work or is it crazy?????

Your chances of success would be slim. Why not just set up and call them in, you wouldn't want to do it in the same area all the time because they get educated fast. If a spot light is legal for coyotes in your state you could do it at night as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it would be a waste of time for the simple reason that you wouldn't have enough time to shoot.
The coyote would react to the flash and your light before you could draw back your bow or squeeze the twigger.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

Your chances of success would be slim. Why not just set up and call them in, you wouldn't want to do it in the same area all the time because they get educated fast. If a spot light is legal for coyotes in your state you could do it at night as well.
[quote]I think it would be a waste of time for the simple reason that you wouldnt have enough time to shoot.The coyote would react to flaskh and your light before you could draw back your bow or squeeze the trigger[/quote] you would think so but these things are use to flash and not scared
Old 01-18-2007, 06:45 AM

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

I think it would be a waste of time for the simple reason that you wouldn't have enough time to shoot.
The coyote would react to the flash and your light before you could draw back your bow or squeeze the twigger.
What he said.
However, you could use the flash to determine when a 'yote is at the pile...then hit your spotlight, then run him through the lung area with an arrow.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: martin murphy

[quote]I think it would be a waste of time for the simple reason that you wouldnt have enough time to shoot.The coyote would react to flaskh and your light before you could draw back your bow or squeeze the trigger[/quote] you would think so but these things are use to flash and not scared
Well then go for it and shoot all of them
Old 01-18-2007, 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: martin murphy

Well then go for it and shoot all of them
I think I am going to try late spring early summer so I am not freezing my butt of[&:][&:][&:][]..
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Banned

Illegal to use any form of light other than natural light for hunting here in IA. What you want to do would be illegal. Hunt with some moonlight and your eyes will adjust.I sat in a treestandone night last winterwith a shotgun 25 ydsfrom a carcass and right at dusk one came in andI smoked it. If they are coming into that spot in your pic regularly, get a stand up and your shot should come at dark or shortly after.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can hunt/trap coyotes anyway you want here in Ohio. You could just poison them if you are strictly looking to get rid of them. Not much sport, but it does the job. I myself would spotlight if legal where you are and/or set up some snares. Calling is fun, but if your goal is greatly reducing the numbers then I would go another route. Just my $0.02.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Campo

What he said.
However, you could use the flash to determine when a 'yote is at the pile...then hit your spotlight, then run him through the lung area with an arrow.
How many hands you got man?

Quick Reply: Do you think it would work or is it crazy?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.