Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHATS BETTER??????

Old 01-18-2007, 05:45 AM

Default WHATS BETTER??????

The qs whisker biscuits,drop aways,ECT,,,,, I am going to get a martin bangel and black gold or slick gold sight with limb savers s-coil stabilizer beeman hunter arrows ect... NOW I NEED TO GET A ARROW REST PLEASE HELP...thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 06:08 AM

Default RE: WHATS BETTER??????

I shot a WB on my old bow and I hated it. It seems as though they would eat up fletchings. when I purchased my new Bow I have a NAP rest on it and that is far better than the WB. My personal opinion is an open rest is better for your arrows than the WB.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=1932454
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 AM

Take a look @ the other forum. There's alot of talk on that subject. But I do recommend that u,or someone else,draw your arrow across whatever rest your looking at &listen to the noise it makes. This may help determine what u want to go with. Do consider it's primary purpose: hunting/target.I had a HHA enertia fall away. Served me great for 4/5 yrs, but did not work w/my new Easton Axis ST's. Went w/the WB, & it's a very quiet combo. Let us know what u go with.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 AM

Forgot 2 mention that I do have 2" Blazer vanes, which are supposed to work better than 4" vanes w/the WB.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

WBs are great for stalking because the arrow won't fall off the rest. If you only treestand hunt, then I would go with something else just because the WB will wear out and as it does things change. My thought on drop-aways is that it is one more moving part and every moving part will eventually fail. I know that is an overly cautious way of looking at it but better safe than sorry. I use the old school two pronged deal. Simple, effective, and when stalking I just have to use my index finger to hold the arrow on the rest. Just my opinioin here. Probably won't even be read.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:18 AM

NAP Quiktune 360
Simply....Awesome....
Old 01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Dropzone!!! I have had and used drop zones for around 3 years now and they are a great product.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tuffbroadhead

Dropzone!!! I have had and used drop zones for around 3 years now and they are a great product.
I totally agree, the TR DZ is an outstanding rest and they've become my favs over the years and in fact EVERY rig I've used for hunting in the past few years has worn a DZ. They are without a doubt the easiest to set up and tune rests that I've EVER used. I also love the new improvements they've added to the new '07 model. It looks like it's going to be another great year for Trophy Ridge!

Old 01-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Just my opinioin here. Probably won't even be read.
If it makes a difference I read it. Some good points![8D]

Quick Reply: WHATS BETTER??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.