Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

just why!!!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Default just why!!!!!

well i have been after this one spike with my bow for about 1 month now and have senn him 3 times and combinde with my uncle and my grandpa it has totaled to about 10 times and only twice has he crossed the fence onto our property and those times i was on the tower blind and so was my uncle...but the three times that i have seen him within in 50 yds he gets real weary and doesnt want to cross the fence[ when i was in the ground blind] the wind is alwasy difeerent and he still acts the same.....i use cover scent ,scent killer, etc...

what do yall think i can do to get him past the fence.....

he use to have a little friend i think a doe or a knubber and i think someone killed her and ever since then he has been real jumpy
Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 PM

Default RE: just why!!!!!

Why are you so deadset on this guy? Will this be your first deer?

I would not spend all of my time persuing this onedeer when I'm sure there are more deer on your property.

Just because he is a spike does not mean that he is stupid. Do you think he can see you in the ground blind? The blind is probably the culprit.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:40 PM

no the reason why is because this is the only deer that i have seen more than twice on the twenty acres that i hunt on in other word he is the most frequent deer seen on this ranch and i know just because he is a spike that he isnt stupid no deer is stupid no matter what size i treat them all with great respect. im pretty sure that he couldnt see into the blind because when i saw him it was already about 6 pm and he never really looked my way and i only have about a 5 inch shooting hole in my intruder blind that i can see about 160 degrees[in front of me]and i had my back covered around 200 degrees
Old 01-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

He has probably seen you more times than you have seen him. He iswill most likely die of old age, give him a chance.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:53 PM

no not really because if someone else sees him they will shoot him thats just the way they are where i hunt
Old 01-17-2007, 07:55 PM

and i highly doubt he has seen me
Old 01-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck with him, enjoy your quest.
Dan
Old 01-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

good luck with him, enjoy your quest.
Dan
Exactly! I think it's awesome that you are engaged in a battle of wits with this creature.... If you're lucky, he'll evade you for 3 or 4 years before you win the battle!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:53 PM

Sometimes the deer do not have to see you in the blind to become a bit leery. Just the fact that the blind is there they may take note of and always keep a safe distance away. Had it happen before while muley hunitng and it is frustrating as hell.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:06 PM

yeah i know i have video of him ten yds away but he just didnt want to jump the fence ill see if i can put the video on here just so yall can see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.