Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

just why!!!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: just why!!!!!

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

good luck with him, enjoy your quest.
Dan
Exactly! I think it's awesome that you are engaged in a battle of wits with this creature.... If you're lucky, he'll evade you for 3 or 4 years before you win the battle!
You guys have nailed it!It's fun to actually hunt a certain buck or doe. Cat and mouse ....... makes the take that much more special! I have been there with big bucks, smaller bucks, and doe.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

Sometimes the deer do not have to see you in the blind to become a bit leery. Just the fact that the blind is there they may take note of and always keep a safe distance away. Had it happen before while muley hunitng and it is frustrating as hell.
I disagree. I think if you place blinds properly and take a few extra steps for camo, you'll be fine as long as you place it there before season starts, and leave it till season closes. Deer get used to those sorts of things. I've killed more deer out of a ground blind than I can count. I think you should stick with the ground blind. And good luck to ya!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:30 PM

I can't understand that because according to some spikes are stupid and easy to kill[8D]
Old 01-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

put a little corn our a decoy our somthing. then he might but he might not.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Dominant Buck

can't understand that because according to some spikes are stupid and easy to kill[8D]
It's all relative......lol
Old 01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like your having a fine time. Hope you get him. I think it's going to be tough. He doesn't like the place plain and simple and getting him in might not be possible anymore. To him your just to risky. A great learning experience for sure. Can't win them all.

As far as I'm concerned, you're the real deal. A real hunter. Can't say it any better, hope you understand. I'd be just as thrilled as you if you could put your tag on him.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:47 PM

i think its awesome to know that you wont shoot him on the other side of the fence! a lot of guys around me would shoot him anyway. Great ethics! i wish all hunters were like this.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM

yea i know when i saw him at ten yds i told my self from the start that i would not get desperate and shoot him on the other side of the fence even if i have permission to
Old 02-15-2007, 07:01 PM

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m181/what_it_do_2167/?action=view&current=MyMovie10.flv
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hay Kidd just think, next year he will be a 6 or 8 standing on the other side of the fence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.