Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does It REALLY Matter????

Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Does It REALLY Matter????

After reading all the previous posts i can agree to some extent w/ the 70 is 70 is 70 point. I would like to state, based onthe 2 bows I own that is not always the case. Let me explain... The switchback I shoot is set at #68. The draw is exceptionally smooth. The CAM STYLE is more of a round cam. You know what I mean. The Trykon I have has a totally different CAM STYLE, more like the tear drop shape. I have it set at #65 and seems to take a little more to break over the cam. I am not overbowed in the least. I can hold both bows out in front of me and draw them w/o straining.
I can compare the 2 draw curves w/o any charts. The Trykon has a harsher draw curve which is very apparent.
Even though the weight is lower on the Trykon itSEEMS to take more to pull than the Switchback.
IMO I could shoot the Switchback all day , and I have , the trykon I do not believe I could.

I 'm not an engineer but cam style seems to have alot to do w/ the draw force curve. Let off is 80% on both and they have the same feel to hold at full draw.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent post. I've been thinking the same thing for a while. In al reality, there ain't a hill of beans difference in the performance or shot quality of any of the top end bows on the market.

Let's be realistic, who is gonna be able to tell a rat's a$$ difference in how much "vibration" or "handshock" any premium bow has whne you have a deer under your stand at 20 yards? I know I won't. I killed a ton of deer with an old 1993 model High country dual cam bow and I thought it shot great. Now when I got my Patriot, I realized a huge difference between those 2 but you're talking a 10 year difference in technology. I wold expect there to be some difference between them. But two 2007 model compounds, get real. Shoot what you like and don't bash the others. They are all awesome bows by anybody's standards. Anybody that says there is a huge difference is either a hater or just plain ignorant.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

It does some but not enought i would worrry adout it. I never have.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Let's be realistic, who is gonna be able to tell a rat's a$$ difference in how much "vibration" or "handshock" any premium bow has whne you have a deer under your stand at 20 yards? I know I won't. I killed a ton of deer with an old 1993 model High country dual cam bow and I thought it shot great. Now when I got my Patriot, I realized a huge difference between those 2 but you're talking a 10 year difference in technology. I wold expect there to be some difference between them. But two 2007 model compounds, get real. Shoot what you like and don't bash the others. They are all awesome bows by anybody's standards. Anybody that says there is a huge difference is either a hater or just plain ignorant.
Hey Mike.....wanna fight about it?????...lol

I see what you're saying....to an extent. I shoot my bow a LOT....and I want the best one for my money. Heck....I've only been shooting a compound bow for what....16-17 MONTHS....and I can discern a difference in the top-end bows. As much as I shoot mine.....I want what I want. Would they ALL get the job done? YES! I put hundreds of arrows through mine every week during the off-season, though.....and I want a bow that feels a certain way when I shoot it.

I'll also not bash ANY other bow I shot before deciding.....or afterwards. They're all GREAT bows (the ones I compared).