Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow

Old 01-17-2007, 07:18 AM

Default New bow

Might be the wrong forum but I needed help answering a question. I am new to bow hunting and recently purchased a used PSE Baby G Force. I have begun shooting it and I am learning but it was used. Being used I can't know what it has been through but everything appears to working fine. There are some new PSE pro series stingrays for sale cheap and I was wondering if I should buy a new bow and sell the one I haveor keep shooting the other one I got and save my money and get something nicer later once I get better. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New bow

Honestly I think you should take it to a quality pro-shop and have it gone over. They will make sure everything is square, lined-up and tuned properly. They can assess it in person much better than we can on-line. It won't cost much and the peace of mind and shooting tips will be well worth it.

We have several Pro Shop guys on here they can probably ring in with..what they'd do and costs associated.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:03 AM

I got a used bow and im saving up to get me a new one once i get the money
it wouldnt be a bad idea to take it some were to get it checked out to make shore everything is in working order
just keep it in good condition so you can get a good price out of it latter
good luck
Old 01-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Making sure a used bow is in good shape is an excellent idea. Those limbs are under alot of pressure, if the string or other componentsaren't ingood condition it could be a dangerous situation. Also, If you just bought a bow with no idea of whether or not it fits you, you should get your draw length measured and make sure that your bow fits right. It will make a world of difference in your form and how well you shoot. Using a bow that doesn't fit is possible, but can start you off with some bad hard-to-break habits and limit your abilities. If the bow fits you right, if you like the way it feels, and if its in good shape, then by all means use it. If not, go to a pro shop, get measured, and shoot as many bows as you can in your price range to see what shoots best FOR YOU. Used bows are good too, just dont get whats cheapest. If it isn't right for you it isn't worth getting.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:41 PM

thanks for your help