Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dropaway or WB

Old 01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dropaway or WB

I have a WB and i like it. I have had on for years and i always will like.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Just can't stand the thought of all that fletching contact with the WB. I shoot a fall away, but would go to a prongy type rest if the drop away didn't exist before I'd buy a WB.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

My hunting buddy uses the WB and usually gets him a buck every season. He gets really excited and shakey so its a good call for him.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

They have contact but you would never know becuase of how good they shot. I love mine, touch can go wrong on a drop away.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:21 AM

Great post Rick James. I love my WB, don't like all the moving parts on the dropaways. Too much room for failure, same reason I like fixed blades over mechanicals. Those old pron rests worked excellent for years and now in most peoples minds they suck...
Old 01-17-2007, 08:53 AM

Thanks for yalls input
im going to go up to the basspro shop to and test thim out
i think i may get a WB
i like the fack if what one person said about less moving parts and being abel to hold the arrow
Old 01-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

I had a WB and didn't like it at all. I now use a Muzzy Zero Effect which I really like.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Site Bouncer

Wow.....one of these threads again...sigh....Ok, here is my .02

For hunting I don't think there is a better rest out there than the Whisker Biscuit. It does however need to be set up correctly with the correct size opening for the arrows you are shooting, it's not hard to do but if done wrong you will get excessive noise and fletching wear. If set up correctly, you won't. I shoot el cheapo 4in vanes through mine with no damage at all.

Two things I like the most about the rest is:

1. It's simple, once set it's set, and will not come out of adjustment short of dropping your bow from your tree stand. No cables to adjust or stretch, no springs to fail, no timing issues, noservinglines into your cable, no need formoleskinor rubber bumpers to keep it quiet,it's pretty full proof.

2. It contains the arrow. If Iread one morepostregarding "I don't have a problem with my arrowsfalling off of my bow when I draw" or something to that fact, I'm going to puke! I don't (and never did) have a problem with my arrows falling off when I draw either even when I shot aflipper rest!

I like the containment aspect for when I'm NOT drawing. I keep my bow in my hand at all times. I don't want to get caught with my pants down (so to speak) reaching for my bow because I didn't see that deer sneak up on me. Ilay my bow on my lap with my hand on the handle at all times If I move or reposition, the arrowstays put. Some drop aways contain the arrow but they are loose and rattle if moved. Sure it didn't come off of the rest, but how much noise did it make?......Well there is always moleskin.

Some drop aways have this little gizmo that you have to stick to the shelf,and you push your arrow in to keep it from moving, but you have to do that everytime you draw then let down and what happens when it comes un-glued at the wrong time?

Bottom line, the Whisker Biscuit is it's a very reliable, simple, accurate and durable hunting rest. I never worry about my arrow being where it's supposed to be from the time I nock it to the time I trip the release, no matter what I have done in between.

Both great rests, one is a better hunting rest.....my .02
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really shot mine when i shot 3d during the summer. it works good for me and i wll all the time.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I love my QAD ultra.

Quick Reply: dropaway or WB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.