Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

An aerial photo of a place of interest....

Old 01-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: An aerial photo of a place of interest....

These green dots are some of the areas I want to setup in. The green linethat I drew, Iwant to see where they are crossing to creek to get to / from that island and set up on it. This spot is the one I am most excited about.

The mowed looking line in the woods to the west is a very large utility line right of way. The green dot along that I am interested in decoying it.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Funny I put a dot in by the power line, but took it out, LOL

I was pretty close, I like the idea about the Island, seeing where he is crossing. Looks good!!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

That little open section NE of your boundry line will be a hot spot for running bucks. He will come straight thru there into your section. I would get about 15 yds back from the line where I could watch that whole little open area. Just give me a mention when the beast falls there.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

That little open section NE of your boundry line will be a hot spot for running bucks. He will come straight thru there into your section. I would get about 15 yds back from the line where I could watch that whole little open area. Just give me a mention when the beast falls there.
Funny you mention that... That is exactly where I hunted with that red dot to the east.

That is a horse pasture and it actually goes into the woods for a ways. I set up about 20 yards off of the fence for that setup. The deer trails were unreal as all of that to theE and SE of that pasture are huge hills that serve as bedding.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

If there is any pressure from the front it should help me out...
[/align]
Hey I'd be glad to come over and put the pressure on the front..to help you out!

I do not own a john boat but have access to one. My problem would be getting the boat to and from the water with me as I could not leave it there.
Also have a john boat and can carry my end!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:39 PM

I dunno, but I would be inclined to sit in that narrow strip running north/south ALL the way to the east...IF they can cross the creek right there. The strip just west of that one, the one that doesn't run all the way across the field, looks like one of those finger spots MOTOWN was talking about the other day....might work...

I think my favorite spot, just by the map, is just west of your green dot to the east...Right where the woods is really narrow along the river....If there were a good tree in there...I like it.....

Oh, did I mention I DIDN'T kill a buck this year?? So, what do I know?? [&:][&o]
Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I thought about this is the gym tonight, yes I know I have issues!!

Buckeye I bet if the wind is right and you can get a boat!! Opening day 2007 if you can sneak out to the island early I bet you would have a great shot at a booner. It is just perfect for a mature deer, he has escape routes and all he needs right there!!!

He can head northor south check bedding areas with no problem. One right across the creek to the east,Man I really like this spot!!!

Have you check it out yet?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought about this is the gym tonight, yes I know I have issues!!

Buckeye I bet if the wind is right and you can get a boat!! Opening day 2007 if you can sneak out to the island early I bet you would have a great shot at a booner. It is just perfect for a mature deer, he has escape routes and all he needs right there!!!

He can head northor south check bedding areas with no problem. One right across the creek to the east,Man I really like this spot!!!

Have you check it out yet?
I really like that island as well.

I have not scouted this place at all except for walking the field edge once 2 years ago. Like I said I also hunted it blind twice. I want to make it down there soon to scout it out so I can choose my trees for the ambush.......
Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

I also like the two areas that I put in pink.