Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aerial Photo

Old 01-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Aerial Photo

So i thought i would show everyone what i have to hunt on
1,2,3,4 are the woods i have shot 3 out of 4 deer in 3 and 1 in 4
red dot is a feeder i have set up and deer travel between
woods 3&4 and fields 3&4 i believe 3&4 will both be corn this next year
the green lines indicate lanes and the orange lines indicate a ditch or creek
althought not large parcels of land it does its duty of bringin in the deer every year for me just wondering what other people would suggest on how to hunt these properties

Old 01-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Aerial Photo

Looks plenty good to me. Where are your stands located? How about I hunt 1 & 2 since you don't see alot of deer in those two What is the total acres? I hunt a 8-10 acre place close to town, to many interuptions at this spot.Hunt a 1/2 miletree line that comes off a 10 acre timber. There is timber all around, but still is tough not being able to get in the timber next to it.I have manage to kill a deer each year, but believe me, I earn it[:-]

The only spot I see that bottle necks would be top right of 2 thats connects to 3. I know around here on small timber. The deer will some times not follow through a funnels but take off out of the corners to the next chunk of timber. Like maybe going from top left cornerof 3angled overto 1.

Anyway though I would chat...still looks like a nice place to hunt!
Good luck!
crutch

Old 01-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

I think there is about 40 total acres altogether but there is a couple hundred including the cropland the yellow dots are where i had stands placed this year but my placement changes each year with the crop rotation the deer like to travel out of the corn fields directly into the woods to prevent being seen the brown dot on woods 4 is a small bedding area and the only one i know of in all the woods
i took my 195 lb doe out of the stand next to fields 6&7 and my neighbor/hunting mentor took a buck that was an 8 but had 3 points broken off out of the stand directly to the south near fields 1&2
there is actually a lane about 10 yds wide between woods 2&3
i have seen bucks travel down the ditch between woods 1&2 also but have never seen them with a gun or bow in hand i have also took a doe the year before we put out the feeder in the same spot where the feeder is now
crutch your welcome to come hunting any time ill just have to set up a price sheet and what not and you would have to probably stay about 30 min from where i hunt cause thats the nearest hotel im thinkin $5,000 per day of hunting get ahold of me if that sounds good to you

Old 01-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

the button buck with me in hunter orange was my first deer taken out of woods 4 and the doe with my bow was the doe i took this year weighed 195 lbs hit her aortic artery and ran about 50 yds and crashed we guesstimated that she was about 6 yrs old and has probably mothered some of the bigger bucks in the area