Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update on my wife

Old 01-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Update on my wife

I know this isn't bowhunting but some of you are following her battle with Lukemia.
The latest is, she is going to Minniapolis, MN for a bone marrow transplant from our daughter. They couldn't find a perfect match, so they are going to do a relatively new proceedure called a half match transplant. Since a child has half of a parents chromosomes, they do it a little different but have had good results so far. We are all going up there on Jan 22 to meet with the Docs. They will work up our daughter and she and i will come home. My wife stays up there and begins treatment. Then on the 31st me and my daughter go back up for 2 days and they harvest KILLER BLOOD CELLS from her and give them to my wife, These are supposed to kill any Lukemia left. My daughter goes back on Feb 8 and gets a shot each day to produce extra stem cells. On the 13th they will do the transplant. If all goes well in 2 more months my wife can come home. The docs say she will need to be there an average of 90 - 100 days.

Your prayers are always welcome and appreciated.

If any of you live near the University of Minnesota Hospitol we will have to get together on one of my trips up there.

We are finding it very expensive to fly so I might be driving up there a lot in the next few months. About a 10-11 hour trip I am told.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Update on my wife

JM,

All I can say as I sit here with my wife and boys is... we will pray for you all. I hope all goes well. Best wishes and prayers on this procedure from Northern Idaho.

Troy
Old 01-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hope all is going to go well with this procedure. I have heard that it can be very painful and tireing. I live about an hour from the hospital and have made many trips there myself, but I would love to get to gether with ya and maybe ave some lunch or something! my prayers go out to you, your family, and especially your wife. God bless and hold in there buddy.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:05 PM

My friend, I can't even imagine (and to be honest, don't want to know) what you guys are going through. It's bad enough that she has this, and now she's got to be away from home for 3 months?? That must be very, very hard. I don't even know what to say other than I'll be praying for all of you.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Thoughts and prayers her way. Drive careful back and forth. I live 30 miles off of I35 in central IA if you need any help or want an IA connection. I am layed up with a broken ankle for 5-7 more weeks but I could always get yousome aid or give you a place to stay.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Nothing like a shockingly large dose of perspective.

Best wishes for a quick and permanent recovery.

Family is EVERYTHING...........yours will be in my prayers.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

Thoughts and prayers her way. Drive careful back and forth. I live 30 miles off of I35 in central IA if you need any help or want an IA connection. I am layed up with a broken ankle for 5-7 more weeks but I could always get yousome aid or give you a place to stay.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

prayers send..god bless
Old 01-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ME too! I would gladley give your family a place to crash so you don't have to spend the money and drive all the time! Just remeber that we are here as frineds and want to be of some help.
ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Thoughts and prayers her way. Drive careful back and forth. I live 30 miles off of I35 in central IA if you need any help or want an IA connection. I am layed up with a broken ankle for 5-7 more weeks but I could always get you some aid or give you a place to stay.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

JM, I hope things go well, and will be thinking of your Family in my Prayers.

Quick Reply: Update on my wife

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.