Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Proshop Sponsorship

Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Proshop Sponsorship

Looks like you might get your foot in the door. Good Luck!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

Don't waist your time, go to school and become a rich doctor or lawyer.That way you can go on guided trips all over the world!!There's no money in hunting vidieo's
Old 01-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wash

If you haven't already I would suggest making a resume for future attempts to gain sponsorships. The more professional you appear the more your stock will rise in their eyes.

Good luck!
[/align]
Old 01-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Who said anything about striking it rich?

Its not about the money to be made, its about the passion for the sport. I'll go to school, I'll find a career. If I can somehow slip my way into the industry and find a career there, all the better.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Who said anything about striking it rich?

Its not about the money to be made, its about the passion for the sport. I'll go to school, I'll find a career. If I can somehow slip my way into the industry and find a career there, all the better.
You have the right attitude! You should do well.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Spike

Good luck washington i hope it works out for ya
Old 01-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Free advice, WH....so take it for what it's worth....lol....

I got into the game of golf.....and LOVED it. I got pretty good at it. I wanted to have a career in the game. I got a job at a CC....and went through the PGA Apprentice program....ecoming a PGA Member in 1994. When I left the business.....I was SO BURNED OUT on golf....I didn't touch a club for 7 yrs.

I joined a club here, locally a few years back.....and it's fun,, again. It's fun because I don't HAVE to do it. I've seen this happen to a LOT of people in that industry.....and I can't help but think hunting is similar (industry-wise). I can't see there being a ton of jobs that would afford you the living to do the things you likely want to do in this pastime....within that industry.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, either. I'm just telling you from experience......when someone tells you to go hunt.....it may make you look at things differently.

Again.....the advice cost you nothing.....

Good luck.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:32 PM

Jeff,

I completely understand what you mean and I appreciate the advice.

What we're trying to steer clear from is just that, being told when and where to hunt. If a sponsor doesn't accept our style of doing things, we'll drop them plain and simple.

Like I said, for us it isn't about the money. We want to do this because we absolutely love our sport. If anything were to get in the way of us enjoying ourselves while doing something we enjoy as much as bowhunting, we;d get rid of the problem.

Thats the plan anyhow, but who knows how the cards are going to be dealt. Things may take off quickly and we may be consumed by it or they may go exactly how we want. Its a new adventure for us and we're ready for it.

The type of videos we intend to produce won't be filled with simply kill shots. We intend to do what we can to inform people why we do what we do, why we shoot what we shoot, etc. Hopefully we'll pull it off. If not, we'll have a blast doing it.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Then you'll be a rarity in the "industry", Dan.

I've seen more fanboys and cheerleader types in this industry than in any other I've ever seen. It's sickening.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Thats what we're trying to steer clear from, Jeff. I know exactly what you mean. That would be reason numero uno that we want to do things the way we do.

Quick Reply: Proshop Sponsorship

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.