Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To dangerous to hunt today....

Old 01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: To dangerous to hunt today....

Anybody heard from Mobow yet, Mobow,,, Hey Mobow, did ya make it back man.[&:] sorry, i could not resist. hope you had a safe one.
Dan
Old 01-14-2007, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Doubled 150

I was going to go Monday, the last day of MO's bow season, but...I got some cleaning up to do.

At least you have a good view of the neighbors now.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Yea a buddy of mine went today and said it was too foggy this morning to shoot anything. He saw shadows of deer and even made out a set of antlers going through the brush, but couldnt see well enough. Pretty scary with branches and limbs falling all around you.

Mobow- I hope you have good news for us, and that you are ok.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Well all, I made it out alive...Thank God! It was close though. A very large tree top fell right next to me.....Landed about 10 feet away...Certainly had my attention. So, between that and all the icycles falling, I headed out before dark. Enough is enough. Shoot, since all the tree branches are all hung over it's like a giant wall of ice out there anyway, I couldn't see 10 feet.

So, that's how it ends. Scott, I'll say it for ya buddy......There's always next year....[&:]
Old 01-14-2007, 05:11 PM

I was in a tree last night from 230p till 515p.....freezing rain the whole time. saw 8 deer coming down the draw towards me and 3 behind me. I had my bow sling over my top cam and sites to keep them from freezing over.......what a mess.

The 8 came 2/3rds the way to me and spooked......ran back up the hill and stopped. I could hardly see them, then they started back down the draw again. Spooked and ran back up the hill......last time I saw them. The wind was in my face, so the only thing I can think of is scent where I walked in......just don't think that was it.

Finally got down in the dark, turned on my green head light, started walking up the draw to the top of the ridge, boots caught on a downed limb, fell on my face, thought of HCH, took inventory of body parts, put quiver back on my bow that got knocked off and headed up the hill.

Once I get to the top of the ridge, I have about a 300 yard walk to the truck. Get there and my husband had come to wait for me.....yeaaaah, a warm truck to sit in while mine got de-iced. Was going out this am, but the fog made it just too dangerous for this gal. Even the rock driveway was hard to walk on.

This was in the North East corner of Missouri......so I truly hope MO BO is ok. Just walking is a task. Season's done for this year.
Diann
Old 01-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Glad you're OK MO BO.......what a mess.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MOM W/SWD

Glad you're OK MO BO.......what a mess.
Boy, you got that right.....I've never seen so much blasted ice.....I must admit though, it was pretty cool being out there in it......NO WAY I was climbing a tree this evening though...
Old 01-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey mobow,wouldn't those treeshave stood back up in time if you didn't take them down?
Old 01-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

did you see anything mo
Old 01-14-2007, 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

did you see anything mo
Ice. Lots, and lots of ice.