Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this poaching?????

Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is this poaching?????

she is to young to have a hunting license so if a deer comes in and i let her shoot it and then claim it under my licence is that considered to be poaching or is it just letting a kid hunt?
I'll put it this way.
Our hunting regulations requires a hunter hold an outdoor card in THEIR name, andhas a tag to legalize the kill. If under the age of 18, the hunter must be in the company of an adult holding a VALID outdoor card.
If a Conservation Officer proves that a child is without the above and kills an animal--he/she CAN be served a violation/charge and this goes on FILE for SEVEN YEARS.
ALL equipment related to the hunt CAN (CO discretion)also be seized, including weapon, blind, stand,vehicle, etc (except clothing).
This states the hunting regulations of the OntarioMinistry of Natural Resources.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:32 AM

yes you are right about your post sorry it was my bad we only have 3 years to wait and she can do the hunter apprenticeship

she wants to do it now but she understands the law we enjoy looking at this post and the replies together we check it a few times a day thanks again everyone for all your help

happy huntin and straight shootin

browning_xcellerator
Old 01-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: browning_xcellerator

yes you are right about your post sorry it was my bad we only have 3 years to wait and she can do the hunter apprenticeship

she wants to do it now but she understands the law we enjoy looking at this post and the replies together we check it a few times a day thanks again everyone for all your help

happy huntin and straight shootin

browning_xcellerator
I think it is great that you involved her in your decision making progress no matter what you choose to do.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 AM

since i got so many replies on this question i also have another post about a compound bow i bought years ago from a family member i sold it and then bought it back when this family member passed away

its a browning xcellerator III has anyone heard of this bow i was looking for some info on it and cant find any

its an older bow so if anyone has any info or could get me some that would be great loking forward to hearing frtom you all

happy huntin....and straight shootin!!!

browning_xcellerator

Old 01-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

When my son went to a hunters safety cours in NY the DEC agents said they had no problem with what your post is about.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

In Alabama it would be fine, no licence need up to 16years old. but if it is againt the law in cananda you would be teaching her the wrong thing
Old 01-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some of you guys really need to think about your response! [>:]Why in the world would you tell this man to let him AND his daughter break the law??? Will it be ok if someone breaks the drinking and driving law and kills someone you love?? Don't you understand that laws are there for order. They might be stupid to you, but if you teach your child to ignore the authority of the laws, why when they are older, will you expect them to follow the laws that you have laid out for them, if indeed thay think that they are stupid?

You reap what you sow ..... []God help some of the disrespect to the law ....
Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes. It's poaching.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:10 AM

Ask your local conservation district.. there are alot of justices we have that aren't always spoken. In fact I have two tags through special lottery for 2017, archery. My daughter will be twelve and she's signed up for HSC here in IL. Don't think because shes only two you can't plan ahead.
I only want to offer the worldif shes interested...my only requirement is she try her best. Hunting,Volleyball,Chess,armedforces,scholastics,c heerleader,theology,anything her heart desires........between us I'm swinging for hunting, Don't tell her mom!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Some of you guys really need to think about your response! [>:]Why in the world would you tell this man to let him AND his daughter break the law??? Will it be ok if someone breaks the drinking and driving law and kills someone you love?? Don't you understand that laws are there for order. They might be stupid to you, but if you teach your child to ignore the authority of the laws, why when they are older, will you expect them to follow the laws that you have laid out for them, if indeed thay think that they are stupid?

You reap what you sow ..... []God help some of the disrespect to the law ....
Geez Preacher..You gonna bring down the wrath of God on a girl who wants to hunt? I'm not saying drinking and driving is Ok..but do you ever speed ? Even 5mph? Are these 2infractions comparable?
I would imagine that Browning X is teaching her values and lessons, while in the woods, that no school or law will teach her. If her shooting ability is good enough, and you have complete trust in her abilities to make the shot, while, all the while, you are at her side..don't ask, don't tell !

Quick Reply: is this poaching?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.