Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this poaching?????

Old 01-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: is this poaching?????

ORIGINAL: JimmyMo32

let her shoot it man! she will be hooked on the sport forever... just dont tell anyone... people are making a big deal out of it because they never got that opportunity when they were little
And everyone is perfect on the internet.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

ORIGINAL: MO Archer

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

The odds of a nine year old shooting at a deer and injuring it are high. Don't make a bad name out of this sport. Wait until she is old enough to legally hunt.
My 8 year old son can shoot 4" groups at 100yds with a .50 cal muzzle loader. He has to prop up against a tree or on something but it can be done with little practice.

EDIT- My bad...I thought he was talkin about letting her pull the trigger on a gun for some reason.
You can't judge the kid cause you haven't seen her shoot. All kids are different. I've watched kids at 6 years old shoot 4" groups at 100 yds. Everybody's different. Don't be so quick to judge.
We have laws for a reason. Burn the laws and you burn the sport.
I'm not talking about burning any laws here. Easy now. What I'm saying is that every person is different. I firmly believe states should allow parents to determine when their kids can hunt. If you're kid is 5 and can shoot sub 4 groups at 100 what's the problem? I understand chances of injury, but that's why the parent should be left to determine what their kid can handle. As adults we're supposed to be responsible, that means if you're kid can shoot and is ready, let them hunt, if not, then it's not yet time for them. You can be responsible for your kids, don't let them hunt if they're not ready. But if they're ready let them go.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya get her some tags man
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Yes, it's poaching.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i live here too. but u still need tags
ORIGINAL: Madjac20

What state are you hunting in? The reason I ask is that here in Georgia anyone under 12 doesn't have to have a license, the just have with a licensed adult hunter (18 or older). As for poaching I personally don't think so. This would be a good question for your state wildlife guys.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:29 PM

i am not a law breaker of the sport and our rule book says that she is not yet old enough so to much of my disapointment she will have to sit on the side lines and be dad's right hand girl in the woods for a few more years[X(]

but in one way it is good because by then i will have hopefully taught her most of what ii know "in the woods" i believe she won't loose intrest by then its only 5 years away and she will be legal

thank you for all your replies its interesting to see our different thoughts on the matter!!

happy huntin...and straight shootin!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I teach my kid to respect the laws not break them! JMO!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:32 PM

I wouldn't consider it poaching. If no one sees it then you're good. Mind you, I'm not condoning poaching but this is just pulling the trigger. Furthermore, the little girl has a far less chance of killing the deer than her father so you're really giving the deer a better chance while encouraging a newbie into the sport. In my state, it's legal because it's party hunting. I don't consider it wrong to let her do that.

What's the difference if you pull the trigger or she does? Just a thought. Use your own discretion.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: browning_xcellerator

i am not a law breaker of the sport and our rule book says that she is not yet old enough so to much of my disapointment she will have to sit on the side lines and be dad's right hand girl in the woods for a few more years[X(]

but in one way it is good because by then i will have hopefully taught her most of what ii know "in the woods" i believe she won't loose intrest by then its only 5 years away and she will be legal

thank you for all your replies its interesting to see our different thoughts on the matter!!

happy huntin...and straight shootin!!!
5 years? You said she is 9. She only has to be 12 to get an apprenticeship license and tag. Did you read the info I looked up and posted for you?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

childers,
You're correct. I forgot to include that in my post. My bad.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

What the heck is the difference between this and letting your 15yr old drive? They are both illegal, and I'd bet dimes against donuts that most of you drove before legal and let your kids do the same....WHEN YOU KNEW THE SITUATION WAS RIGHT.

Get her hooked...IF THE SITUATION IS RIGHT.

Quick Reply: is this poaching?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.