Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aerial Websites

Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Aerial Websites

Hey guys! I was wondering what webstites you guys use for aerial maps. I really wanted to get some to prepare for next season. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:33 PM

Default RE: Aerial Websites

www.mytopo.com
www.mapper.acme.com

Old 01-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

terra server.com

Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Google Earth is fantastic and free. My favorite feature is that I can use my topo map software and do an overlay onto the Google Earth aerial so I have and aerial and topo in one.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

maps.yahoo.com/beta

It's awesome. The only problem is that it doesn't have Topo maps yet. But the pictures are the best, zooming and panning is super fast, and you can overlay the road names onto the image which is nice for driving directions.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:13 PM

local.live.com birds eye view is amazing, but probably wouldn't have views available for most hunting areas. It's primarilyavailable is big cities.

It's like flying a in a plane 500 ft above the ground.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:00 PM

you can go to realtree's web sight and they have a link to a good one. can't think of the name right offhand
Old 01-12-2007, 10:05 PM

Thank you guys so much. So far, I really like terraserver and maps.yahoo.com/beta. Mobowhuntr, how is mytopo.com? If it's worth it, I will be willing to pay. One more question. Which image provider do you all think works best?
Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 PM

this is kind of off topic sense your talking about a web site, but I thought I would mention that National Geographic has a really cool topo software out that is state specific. I found it on the net for 75$. I know thats a little steep but I think it will be a nice tool for my arsenal since I'm new to TN. It works well with GPS sys. too. Scout, mark poins on your GPS then load them on the PC so you can have a big pic. of where you will be hunting. Sorry for so many words, just thought I would mention for people who wasn't aware.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:03 AM

I found some great images on this site, but I can't remember exactly how I got to them.

http://www.usgs.gov

Quick Reply: Aerial Websites

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.