Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Off Season Scouting

Old 01-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Off Season Scouting

Sorry it took me so long on this one gregs spooning on the other one cracked me up and im finally recovered, lol
I have this peace of public hunting ground by me that reminds me of this pic and I am going to have to get a canoe.Its only 5 minute drive away.

GregH its in Wilmot and I see some nice ones after dark out in the field behind the fire station.

The blue dots are stands germ?
ORIGINAL: Germ

peak here is my setup, notice the river, how I get in behind the deer. I have a boat with a Eletric trolling motor. Works like a charm!!

Go ahead and mark it up, we will discuess later tonight!!

North is staight up!!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep
Old 01-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ,
That spot where you shot your 16pt looks awesome! You're on the inside corner of 2 maybe even 3 fields and the treeline that bisects the field to youreast north eastlooks like a good cover area for the deer to travel back and forth across that field. Alot of good looking pinch points or funnels on your property!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

What aboutthe area I marked with the yellow X? It doesn't look like you've got any stands located here. Do you leave that area for a safe zone? It looks like a primary travel area for any deer that would be traveling to the crop fields to the north from bedding in that big stand of timber. It may be hard to get to in the evening without spooking deer but looks like a surefire morning spot catching them coming off the fields to bed. What do you think?

Old 01-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

JD it appears I miss drew my line, that is my neighbors land, LOL Run the line straight back from the fence row.

Yes he hunts there and has killed some deer. He got a 5 point with 18'' spread this year!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ, how are you copying that map off of the yahoo maps website.I'm trying to copy the map of my hunting area to my pics so I can upload it to photobucket and put it up here, but it won't save to my computer. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: John Deer

Germ, how are you copying that map off of the yahoo maps website.I'm trying to copy the map of my hunting area to my pics so I can upload it to photobucket and put it up here, but it won't save to my computer. What am I doing wrong?
Same here.............and my maps don't have that kind of detail either.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

When your using Yahoo maps you can not save them the conventional way.

When you have the browser up and the map you want on the screen press crtl+print screen. Then open photoshop and hit ctrl+V(paste). You will get the whole browser as a picture. Then crop out the map.

PM me the location and I will do it for you.