Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

string loop or not

Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default string loop or not

i have never shot a loop before i hear a lot do and some dont.i am taking my knew bow in this weekend to be set up should i have them put a string loop on it? to me it makes since because when you are drawing back the loop is under and over the nock displaying even torque compared to your release being put directly on the string under the knock.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: string loop or not

There you go. You answered it yourself.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

There you go. You answered it yourself.
Ditto. Check please!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i would never shot with out a loop. i love the things. I have shot without them and never will.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Loop.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 AM

your observations are correct. That's how I was convinced by a proshop owner. He showed me the difference in the angle of the two.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

I just put one on my bow last week and what a differance it made for my accuracy and also the grouping tightened up a lot,I wish I had doen it sooner
Old 01-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

one more vote for loop please
Old 01-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Site Bouncer

Loop for me as well. You will also not have to worry about re-nocking your arrow if you let down.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Typical Buck

My string loop slipped the other night on a drawback, luckily it wasn't more than an inch and not a full draw. Today I was watching Dream Season and noticed one of the guys had what appeared to be a double sided release, instead of having one lock it was split and locked on top and bottom of the nock area. Have any of you seen these? Also, I went to BPS tonight to buy string to tie on a new loop and found something different. It's called
T.R.U.-Nok. It is a metal loop nock instead of string that holds the arrow in place tighter. Being that it seemed easier and more trustworthy, I don't want another slip, I bought it. $12, and it hooks up where your string loop would go with two screws. I shot a few in the yard tonight and it seemed to work great. I'll know for sure after quite a few more draws, but for now it seems good. The website for it is www.truball.com, have any of you seen or tried one of these?

Quick Reply: string loop or not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.