Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taboo???

Old 01-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Taboo???

You can't hunt on Sunday because you're in the south. You can't hunt a WMA in SC on Sunday. You can't buy alcohol at a lot of places, blue laws in SC keep businesses from opening, and that includes malls, grocery stores..you name it. You can't buy lottery tickets on a voting day...it goes on and on.

Southern states seem to believe that by restricting what you can do on certain days, you'll do what's considered "right." Namely, if you can't hunt or shop or go to a bar you'll go to Church. If you can't play the lottery, you'll vote, etc. etc. etc.May seem old and outdated to some of the northerners, but that's the thought process down here.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually killed my biggest gobbler during the fall either sex turkey season here in Ohio while deer hunting. I got down and went to check him in and then came back to get my stand. A buck had come and rubbed a pretty good sized tree about 6-7 yards from my stand. I guess I should have stayed up and maybe I could have gotten a double. That'll learn me.

Taboo in south centralOhio is not spotlighting and poaching. I quit hunting there for that reason.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Taboo in my area includes:

Shooting a doe with fawns.
Shooting a buck thats not a wall hanger.
Shooting a roosted gobbler after 7am. Its legal after 7am, and very difficult, but extremely frowned upon.

All are legal, but the local know-it-alls look down on all of the above, unless its them doing it.[&:]
Right ON!
oh if you shoot a lone doe during the rut it could be a button so don't do it!!!!
Illinois rocks!!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL Germ... Close! It's Power Point for Dummies! [8D]
Old 01-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't evenhesitate about shooting a bird from my treestand. It's definitely looked upon differently here in OK.