Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow; Form.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Default New bow; Form.

Draw length looks to be good to me. Might need to drop my release elbow a bit more. My hand is relaxed, the fingers are where they naturally fall.

What else?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:15 PM

Default RE: New bow; Form.

Need to relax your bow hand. You're leaning into it...your head is tilted forward and all your weight appears to be on your forward leg.....well, not all but you're shifted forward, toward the target. You almost look like an "S."
Old 01-08-2007, 06:21 PM

get a kisser button to make sure ur in the right place every time..i did
Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 PM

It looks like you need to align your body better. In the top pic it looks like your spineis tilted back towards your door and your bottom half is thrust forward.

I don't need a kisser button, thats what I've got a peep for.

No point using unecessary accessories that will slow my bow down. I've got a good, three-point anchor.

I think you worry too much.........That thing should practically shoot itself.

Go have fun with it and when the time comes I am sure you will be PLENTY capable of killing a deer.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Go have fun with it and when the time comes I am sure you will be PLENTY capable of killing a deer.
I'll second that. But he asked and I thought I would point out what I noticed.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I think best advice I have read from Atlas!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can get as crazy as you want but I'll be nitpicking........

One of themain things I don't like is your anchor. Too long of a loop combined with too long of a release barrel (trigger to jaw relationship)
What type of release is that?
The thing that gives it away immediately for me is your release hand knuckles. Your index knuckle is in line with your earlobe and then they drift back from there.....that's too far back IMO.
You need a little shorter loop combined with a loop specific release to bring your anchor forward and down onto your jawline where it belongs.
Your bow's actual draw length is probably the correct fit for you but the way you are using it IMO isn't.

Is your sight aperture drifted down toward the bottom of the housing rather than closer to the center? This can in part be attributed to a high anchor caused by where you HAVE TO anchor. The farther you go back the higher you have to go to find something to anchor to.
Where you will really notice this stretched out draw / rearward anchor is shooting from or to elevation.........you need to bring it forward which will allow you to stay behind the shot more consistently in every body position and angle.

IF you're shooting fine and you're happy with that?..........but you asked.

There's other stuff but a proper anchor is most important of the issues from what I see.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hay I'm not answering any of your questions till you tell us what that white vibrating looking thing a ma jiggy is on your closet shelf, and who does it belong to.

Quick Reply: New bow; Form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.