Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow; Form.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:23 PM

Default RE: New bow; Form.

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

what you going to be doing down there? long drive from WA.
We're visiting my uncle down in Bakers field. They haven't seen each other in 15 years or so, so we figured since we're both laid off right now theres no better time to head down.

Maybe catch a couple striped bass while we're there.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep, some strippers are being caught...only been cold down here...no reall rain.... well cool have fun down in bakersfield...

advice:they only like the legs if they have some sun on them, your best bet to keep the faded jeans on...
Old 01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

things like this post confuse me. WH this bow is used for hunting not competitive shooting...u are not going to get to have your form perfect when drawing back on a deer and especially not from a turkey.....things that need to be constant in my opinion...your left arm, your right eye, and your right hand...keep those constant and no matter what angle your bow is at in the field you will shoot well........

your jeans are a little faded too..
Who's to say I don't plan on shooting competetively this summer? I may decide to start shooting 3D or indoor competetively, I just need to figure out my schedule this summer.

As I said in my reply to Matt, I realize that I can effectively kill deer with my form the way it currently is. I posted a picture of a group I shot this morning earlier today, its not where I'd like it to be yet, but its getting there. I'm trying to better myself as an archer, not just as a bowhunter.

The ladies dig the faded jeans, don't knock it.
I will second the faded jeans, the girls in NY(not NYC[:@])love it, believe meAs for the form, I'm not the one to correct you, and hopefully when I purchase my new Ally or Vectrix in 2 weeks I'll be able to show some form pics for people to pick apart, theres no better time to start then in the off season. Hope you enjoy your trip to CA
Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plain and simple, it needs improvement!!

Did you not read the worlds greatest post? It answered all these repeated question...wait a minute, you were the author of that post! I cant believe you would post such a silly question.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK WH your off the hook, looks like while I was having some fun with ya Matt/Pa and the others pretty much coverd it. You can't build a strong house without a good foundation, Make sure body weight is distributed equally over both feet. And if your over drawn you have no follow through, instead of your release hand ending up by your ear, your starting out with it by your ear giveing it no were to go except away from your head, along with several other things that go hand n hand with being over extended. I gotta tell ya I'm not fond of D loops, and trigger finger fired releases for this reason, but like Matt said, some co. now make them with smaller jaws and the trigger is moved farther up the head toward the jaws and this will help. Good luck shooting your new Baby!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:14 PM

All i have to say is I hope nobody tried comming in your room during that second pic...boy would that be kinda scary.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Looks perfect to me.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:18 PM

David, my draw length is fine.

I hit the wall every time, without leaning one way or the other. Leaning back is a habit. Perfect practice makes perfect, and when I started shooting, I didn't care about form. I had a draw length that was too long at the time and I developed bad form. I could shorten my draw length to 26-inches and still be leaning backwards. Its something I consciously have to work on.

I haven't hit my wrist since I first started shooting a compound three years ago. I had a 29 inch module on my cam and definitely needed a shorter one.

My shoulder doesn't hurt whether I shoot five shots or 50.

I'll admit the d-loop was too long, but I didn't tie it.

I appreciate the input, folks.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Perfect still and I used to be a pretty good competitive shooter in the Southeast.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 PM

See David, I would be more eager to take your advice, but you're assuming things you can't tell from the picture.

My arm isn't locked.

I don't hit my wrist.

I'm not trying to push the bow.

My shoulder doesn't hurt when I shoot.

I appreciate sound advice, not assumptions. But like you said, you don't give advice anymore, so...

Quick Reply: New bow; Form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.