Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow; Form.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New bow; Form.

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Hay I'm not answering any of your questions till you tell us what that white vibrating looking thing a ma jiggy is on your closet shelf, and who dose it belong to.
Good find [&:]

WH please explain
Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I can get as crazy as you want but I'll be nitpicking........

One of themain things I don't like is your anchor. Too long of a loop combined with too long of a release barrel (trigger to jaw relationship)
What type of release is that?
The thing that gives it away immediately for me is your release hand knuckles. Your index knuckle is in line with your earlobe and then they drift back from there.....that's too far back IMO.
You need a little shorter loop combined with a loop specific release to bring your anchor forward and down onto your jawline where it belongs.
Your bow's actual draw length is probably the correct fit for you but the way you are using it IMO isn't.

Is your sight aperture drifted down toward the bottom of the housing rather than closer to the center? This can in part be attributed to a high anchor caused by where you HAVE TO anchor. The farther you go back the higher you have to go to find something to anchor to.
Where you will really notice this stretched out draw / rearward anchor is shooting from or to elevation.........you need to bring it forward which will allow you to stay behind the shot more consistently in every body position and angle.

IF you're shooting fine and you're happy with that?..........but you asked.

There's other stuff but a proper anchor is most important of the issues from what I see.
The loop is too long, Matt. I noticed that too. The guy who tied it on at the shop isn't a fan of loops, so he half assed it. I just haven't gotten around to taking this one off and tying my own.

The sight aperture is more towards the bottom of the housing.

I am shooting fine, but its winter, there are four months until turkey season so I may as well work on my form. I can hunt fine with my form the way it is, everyone is right, but I'm trying to better myself as an archer as well as a bowhunter.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Hay I'm not answering any of your questions till you tell us what that white vibrating looking thing a ma jiggy is on your closet shelf, and who dose it belong to.
Its a spray bottle full of Scent ShieldWhite Lightning scent eliminator spray, its just the bottle isturned.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

what model bowtech are you shooting?? I am thinking about upgrading my bow and bowtech is one i'm considering
Old 01-08-2007, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: mbhutton

what model bowtech are you shooting?? I am thinking about upgrading my bow and bowtech is one i'm considering
She's a 2007 Allegiance.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

things like this post confuse me. WH this bow is used for hunting not competitive shooting...u are not going to get to have your form perfect when drawing back on a deer and especially not from a turkey.....things that need to be constant in my opinion...your left arm, your right eye, and your right hand...keep those constant and no matter what angle your bow is at in the field you will shoot well........

your jeans are a little faded too..
Old 01-08-2007, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

things like this post confuse me. WH this bow is used for hunting not competitive shooting...u are not going to get to have your form perfect when drawing back on a deer and especially not from a turkey.....things that need to be constant in my opinion...your left arm, your right eye, and your right hand...keep those constant and no matter what angle your bow is at in the field you will shoot well........

your jeans are a little faded too..
Who's to say I don't plan on shooting competetively this summer? I may decide to start shooting 3D or indoor competetively, I just need to figure out my schedule this summer.

As I said in my reply to Matt, I realize that I can effectively kill deer with my form the way it currently is. I posted a picture of a group I shot this morning earlier today, its not where I'd like it to be yet, but its getting there. I'm trying to better myself as an archer, not just as a bowhunter.

The ladies dig the faded jeans, don't knock it.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

if u are to better yourselfand want to shoot competitively than i would follow matts advice....

as for the jeans, must be a washington thing...CA girls like to see some leg..[&:]
Old 01-08-2007, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

if u are to better yourselfand want to shoot competitively than i would follow matts advice....

as for the jeans, must be a washington thing...CA girls like to see some leg..[&:]
Good thing you mention that now, I'm supposed to drive down to southern California on Wednesday with my dad.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

what you going to be doing down there? long drive from WA.

Quick Reply: New bow; Form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.