Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

She's a keeper.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:57 PM

Default RE: She's a keeper.

I picked mine up for $699.

They didn't have a Gaurdian in and weren't likely to for quite some time. They made an error when ordering their bows this year and forgot to order the Gaurdian or Commandor early.

I shot a Tribute (60# model) and liked the shorter ATA of it, but since they didn't have any in 70#, I went with the Allegiance.

Really, its a toss up between the two. They both shoot like a dream, are light and quiet. If I were looking for a 60# bow, I may have gone with the Tribute because of its shorter ATA. I noticed very little hand shock in either bow, no more noticable in one than the other.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 PM

I've got to find an allen wrench big enough to fit eh limb bolts though. All the ones I have only fit rests and sights, LOL.
I hate that! Every other bow I've owned could be adjusted with one allen wrench tool but not Bowtech.[:@]
Old 01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

I am soooooooo jealous! Congrats on the new Allegiance and keep up the good shooting!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well done Dan, get that baby tuned up and come stick some pigs with me down here!! I bet pullin' the FMJ's out of the 3-D will be fun huh?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: dwd2001

Well done Dan, get that baby tuned up and come stick some pigs with me down here!! I bet pullin' the FMJ's out of the 3-D will be fun huh?
Man, you ain't a kiddin' either. I bought a Yellow Jacket broadhead target before I bought the field tip target... I had to turn it on its side, stand on top of it, and pull each arrow three seperate times just to get them out. First day I had blisters from just pulling the arrows!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Man, you ain't a kiddin' either. I bought a Yellow Jacket broadhead target before I bought the field tip target... I had to turn it on its side, stand on top of it, and pull each arrow three seperate times just to get them out. First day I had blisters from just pulling the arrows!
I did the exact same thing with my yellow jacket, I too had to stand on top to get them out. It only took me two shots to realize that the YJ wasn't going to cut it.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I did the exact same thing with my yellow jacket, I too had to stand on top to get them out. It only took me two shots to realize that the YJ wasn't going to cut it.
The YJ field tip target is amazing, if you need a new one. The arrows go in about halfway and you can pull them out one handed. It's great!