Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT 3D or Natural Gear 3D camo???

Old 11-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Spike

Default ASAT 3D or Natural Gear 3D camo???

I was thinking about getting the ASAT 3D suit or the Natural Gear 3d. Both look similiar as far as the colors and pattern, but I was just wondering if anyone uses either and had any input about it. Thanks
Old 11-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ASAT 3D or Natural Gear 3D camo???

They're really pushing that NAT gear on a lot of TV shows lately... but I think it's a throw back to the old look that blobs out when you get more than 20 yards away. I don't like it at all. If you're bent on one of those two I chose the ASAT. It really is a better break up pattern for a bowhunter in a tree especially when the leaves fall. Even when there are a lot of leaves it still works great I think. I don't own it, but have seen it on others. I prefer a couple other patterns myself. If I were looking to buy tomorrow(which I am) I wouldn't look at Nat Gear if the factory was across the street. If you were laying on a flat rock in cactus country maybe.................

Old 11-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Spike

Davidmil, what other patterns would you suggest? Thanks again
Old 11-28-2002, 10:08 PM

Betweem the 2, there is no question. ASAT all the way. One of the guys in our camp has the natgear stuff....looks like Carharts at a distance. Might as well use brown overalls.And they claim they DON'T blob?!?!?! HA!
I would also suggest Advantage timber, or Real Tree hardwoods HD (Not the green)
Old 11-28-2002, 11:31 PM

Guy's they are both great camo's.I wear the Nat gear and it be far beat's MossyOak or RealTree at a distance. What sold me on it was i seen a guy wearing NG and another buddy of his wearing MO and the NG gear was just unbeliveable how it broke him up. Just my honest opinion.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

No question about it, ASAT is the way to go. All you'd need to do is back off 50 yards from either and the answer would be easy. NAT Gear blobs out, ASAT continues to be effective at all distances. I don't know if you have thier new link, www.asatcamo.com .

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 11-29-2002, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Rob.
I wont go into the woods without ASAT.
It does an unbelievalbe job of making you invisible.
I have tried other camo patterns and have found most of them blob and actually make you stand out.
You wont be dissappointed with ASAT.
Chuck and the guys at ASAT are a great bunch and if you dont like it they will make it right.
But as far as I am concerned they can keep the money I paid.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 11-29-2002, 10:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-29-2002, 11:30 AM

Both patterns seem effective. I like the NatGear suit because it's made by Mirage Wear. I have a suit of theirs in Mossy Oak. The coat is perfect. Big pockets, a hood, and &quot;bowhunter friendly&quot; flat chest and arm panels. Good luck with your choice. I really think any pattern will work on 3-D material.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 11-29-2002, 06:10 PM

i've used asat for 15 years, love it! iwas given a set of apparition but have never had deer or turkeys look through me like they do with asat.remember they see a little differant than we do. i've ued asat in snow with no problems.i also like the flaps they put over the pocket buttons(good for bow hunting so the string don't hit it. the pockets are roomy and pleeted ,good luck.

Quick Reply: ASAT 3D or Natural Gear 3D camo???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.