Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had to choose...?

Old 01-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had to choose...?

Answering your question. The XT was a real hassle to get when I wanted one (here in Ontario). The Allegiance I bought in 2005 and in 2006 I bought the Tribute. This year I continued hunting with the Allegiance while the Tribute stayed at home. The difference between the two BowTech's isn't that much, other than speed in favor of the Allegiance. The Tribute is shorter A/A, slightly lighter bow. They're both fine bows, however I have a difficult time leaving the Allegiance at home.
You wouldn't go wrong buyingeither and have it properly tuned to your DL, etc. Take a look also at the New MathewsDrenalin and BT-Guardian, also the 2007 Allegiance.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Hello, I figured I might as well throw my 2 cents worth in. I had a 14 year lay-off from bowhunting. I was just out of High School when I stopped shooting my Bear Whitetail II. I finally got the itch to try looking into bowhunting again late in 2006. After shooting the new equipment I was amazed beyond words at how things changed over that time frame. I shot a Hoyt Lazertec, Reflex Highlander, a bow by Forge Archeryand finally a Bowtech Allegiance. Every one of those bows was a thousand times better then my old bow but it just boils down to what you like best, its like your 6th sense kicking in and you will know which one is the "one" once you shoot. I had to get the Allegiance. I am so happy with it. I'm glad I am back into it and cant wait for the 2007 seasonto kick off. Thats half the fun though I would say, trying and finding that one bow which makes you happy, and once you find that "one, things are that much better.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Shot my friends Guardian tonite. Awesome!!! I think you should do yourself a favor and shoot this bow!