Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do ya'll believe in a ......."6th sense?"

Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Default RE: Do ya'll believe in a ......."6th sense?"

Gene Wensel wrote an article about conjuring up a buck back in the late 80's. It was a pretty interesting, entertaining article. I don't believe in a sixth sense, I think it's just subtle stuff going on in your brain that gives you that feeling.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:34 PM

yea i know what you mean... something just makes you look at a spot right as a deer walks out. Last year during fall turkey season something made me look behind me to see a coyote trotting about 30 yards away. Its weird but i know what your talking about.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally have never felt that but I can see what people are talking about. On a funny note when I was a boy (bout 8 or 9) Dad and I were coming out of the woods about middle of the day and as we started around a turn dad said "There's a buck up here beside the road"I thought he was crazy until he rounded the turn and standing beside the road was an 8 pointer. I swore up and down that he was psychic because where the deer was standing there was no way he could have seen it. Turns out he smelled it-which is impressive nonetheless but not as impressive as if he was a psychic
Old 01-08-2007, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

I knew you were going to post this question.[:-]
I knew that you knew that he was going to post the question.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are certain days that I get a "feeling" and it typicallydoes not hit me until I get settled in my stand. My senses are more alive and I get a calm anxious feeling................. if that makes sense.

Most of it probably has to do with the conditions and the time of year. It's days like that when I never leave my stand.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:58 PM

I think any athletes (former or current) can relate to this in talking about "the zone". There are just times when the mind and body click and kick into auto-pilot and does everything like its been trained to do. Just yesterday at my Hockey game I walked the puck out of the corner deked three people, took a bad slash which bruised my wrist and was hooked, and still was able to pull off a sniper like wrist shot through traffic and find the back of the net. Don't know how the heck I did it, but I did. Any athlete who played long enough probably has at least half dozen stories like this, I know I do. We can't explain them and looking back at the situation you say "there is no way I could do that again". We just think of them as lucky shots or say "I was just on fire that day"

I think this is like that 6th sense thing. As hunters we train ourselves to learn the deers' patterns and train our eyes and our ears to catch certain movements and pick out certain sounds through everything else in the woods. Why can't our minds subconsiously pick up on something before the rest of our senses catch it? All it would be then is the mind doing what has been trained to do, its just doing it so well that the rest of the senses haven't caught up yet.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I knew you were going to post this question.[:-]
I knew that you knew that he was going to post the question.
I know.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:37 PM

I knew that you knew before you knew that I knew that you knew!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Site Buck Guru

Was I born yet when you knew?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Was I born yet when you knew?
What[&:]

Quick Reply: Do ya'll believe in a ......."6th sense?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.