Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting equipment pet peeves

Old 01-07-2007, 05:25 PM

Default RE: Hunting equipment pet peeves

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

A peep sight that doesn't rotate easily. Man, I'm drawing a blank on anything else. I'm just too laid back I guess...[8D]

Nah, You're just too easy.
MAN have I heard that before!!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Finding a face mask that doesn't get into my eyes.
I was thinking this same thing.

For me, I wish more camo came in bigger sizes...especially tall! I'm 6'10" and I wear a 2X shirt, but if it isn't in a tall...i look a belly dancer.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:58 PM

I can't believe boot companies don't put out boots with something better then 2 foot long laces. The freakin' laces on my Rocky boots come untied about every 500 yards when walking through thick stuff.

[:@]
Old 01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not being able to find rubbers with decent lugs for traction.

Uninsulated Gore-Tex jackets without a removeable hood.

Not being able to find an fanny pack for archers similar to a turkey hunters fanny pack. I like lots of pockets in my fanny pack.

Also, not being able to find a multi pocket fanny pack without having velcro on it. Or velcro on anything for that matter.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Site Buck Guru

Not being able to find mud-resistant boots. It would be nice to walk through a plowed field after a rain and not carry 40 lbs. of mud up in your stand and have it randomly fall onto the dry leaves at the most inoppertune time.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not being able to find mud-resistant boots. It would be nice to walk through a plowed field after a rain and not carry 40 lbs. of mud up in your stand and have it randomly fall onto the dry leaves at the most inopportune time.
LOL... I can really relate to that one, as we've had the wettest winter I can recall in some time. Coupled with the mild temps so the ground never froze, I put up with this a bunch this year too.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being 6' 3" and 180 lbs. Not being able to find what I want in TALL SIZES.
Having bibs with too short of suspenders and shirt sleeves that come halfway down my arm.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ONE of my biggest complaints is bow accessories that RUST.

The nuts and bolts should be brass or stainless, nothing worse to my eye that nuts and bolts rusting and once they start all I can do to keep the exterior looking 1/2 way decent.

My other biggest pet peeve is the words "made in china" on any hunting item related package. LIKE MY BOWTECH HAT
I called to request a more appropriately American made hat and was told this was a cost cutting measure taken so thatmy bow wouldn't cost too much, I replied- Mathews hats are made HERE and their bows cost the same and heck, I'll pay the extra $10.00 - at least give me the option- no dice.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

ONE of my biggest complaints is bow accessories that RUST.

The nuts and bolts should be brass or stainless, nothing worse to my eye that nuts and bolts rusting and once they start all I can do to keep the exterior looking 1/2 way decent.

My other biggest pet peeve is the words "made in china" on any hunting item related package. LIKE MY BOWTECH HAT
I called to request a more appropriately American made hat and was told this was a cost cutting measure taken so thatmy bow wouldn't cost too much, I replied- Mathews hats are made HERE and their bows cost the same and heck, I'll pay the extra $10.00 - at least give me the option- no dice.

LOL...I completely agree!

It might not seem as bad if you moved to China.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Bartender

Failures

Quick Reply: Hunting equipment pet peeves

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.