Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone shoot an Elite?

Old 01-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone shoot an Elite?

I'm not very familiar with these bows at all, I guess I just missed the boat. My buddy is shooting one for this 3D setup and it looks pretty decent and he said it shoots extremely smooth. Obviously I can't shoot it, but I was just wondering where these came from and how many people were shooting them.

Here is a picture of his...

Old 01-07-2007, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Anyone shoot an Elite?

When Kevin Strothers married the "Martin Girl" BOwtech fired him citing conflict of interest. The two of them started Elite and began selling bows last year. We sold them at our shop last year and they are solid bows. Smooth (yet an incredibly aggressive cam) and holy cow quiet. Not to mention fast. They seem to have been designed around shorter DL's...we had a couple on a 28" draw shooting in the 3teens...

They did however have some incredible challenges last year w/ lawsuits and so forth. We will not be selling them this year because of lots of reasons....They won't answer phones, email, we can't get hold of them for anything. The company our rep works for dropped Elite because allegedly they hadn't been paid in months.

All of the problems they have I hope can be resolved. They are solid bows for sure, but I personally won't own one until they can get some internal issues resolved.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

When Kevin Strothers married the "Martin Girl" Bowtech fired him citing conflict of interest.
That is not the reason he was fired.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

The '06 Elites are some of the best looking bows around IMO........look alot like a Bowtech
Old 01-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

When Kevin Strothers married the "Martin Girl" Bowtech fired him citing conflict of interest.
That is not the reason he was fired.

Please enlighten us.I thought it was because he was sharingBowtech designswith Ms. Robinson (CEO of Elite / "Martin Girl") before the wedding even took place.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I knew someone would ask that, and I'm not going to get into that... just wanted to correct a wrong assumption which was stated as fact.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

The '06 Elites are some of the best looking bows around IMO........look alot like a Bowtech
Kevin Strother designed for bowtech before he took his ideas to Elite. (unsure of his actual position) That is why Elitesare very very similar, not exact, but similar. Similar enough for lawsuits and patent infringement. He was forced to change his bows, but he still didn't change much. He definately has a style, and as long as Kevin Strother is around the industry his bow designs will be somewhere.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sort of remember hearin about that now. After some searching around about the company, there was verification of mobow's info about theiry customer service/business practices. But again, I don't have any personal experience that's just what I've read in several places throughout the day.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

No I am LH, and they do not like lefties[&:]
Old 01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

No I am LH, and they do not like lefties[&:]
That's discrimination, and discrimination is wrong! Haha, hey germ I saw an add for some left handed ss ss ssp sspoons, need the link?

Quick Reply: Anyone shoot an Elite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.