Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Sight Problems

Old 01-06-2007, 11:04 AM

Default New Sight Problems

I just recieved my new sight today for my bow that should be coming today or monday. It is a Truglo Tru-Site Xtreme 5-Pin Sight with TFO . This is what it says in the description; Comes with four standard and one .040" Tritium Fiber Optic pin. My problem is that the Tritium Fiber optic pin comes off the sight. Do I just use an allen wrench to take the screw off and place it in? Also, where would you put the pin? In other words, should it go in the middle of the other four so I can use it as my 'reference pin' as Tom Miranda puts it, or somewhere else? Thanks for any help guys!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Sight Problems

yeah, you should just use the allen wrench to take it apart and then place it back in. In my opinion the .040 is WAAAAY to big for hunting, let alone target shooting. Anyway if you are going to use it, put it as the top pin and it will cover up the least amount of the target.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Default RE: New Sight Problems

Thanks man. Yeah, I was just thinking that it looks too big. Well, I think I might try it and see if it bugs me to much.