Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Off Season Books To Read

Old 01-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Off Season Books To Read

"Jeff Millers" "Bowhunting bigwoods and forestland Whitetails" is a great read for the bowhunters that are hunting this type of country.

His definition of big woods in the book is 320 + acres up to thousands of acreas of unbroken timber with no agriculture involved. Northern Forests both East and West along with Canada's large bush country.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pretty decent collection of whitetail hunting books and am always adding to it.I have recently finished two very good ones the book by Joe Brooks that was previously mentioned and Don Higgins book was outstanding.Bobby Worthingtons book "Bow Hunting Trophy Whitetails" was top notch.If someone were to buy these three books and just read and reread them they would be pretty well set from a knowledge perspective.
David Morris's books are excellant as are Gene Wensels.For pure enjoyment a book called "They left their tracks" by Howard Coppenhaver is really good.He wrote it in his lates 70's I believe and it is his account of a life time of guiding hunters in Montana,it is a great book.
Richard Bernier's books are excellent,another whitetail tracker from the north east.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a ton guys. I already have a few books, and recognize the names of alot of these mentioned. I will make a list and start searching amazon for some of these. By the way, I have already purchased and read the Trout book Finding Wounded Whitetails. Super read and chock full of knowledge. Every beginner should be made to eat this book. LOL

Anyway, thanks again and if there are any more, please continue posting.

LT