Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whose not seeing anything...?

Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM

Default whose not seeing anything...?

once again i have been out smarted (or out-smelled lol) by the elusive N American whitetail. i went to a brand new WMA today, only 25 acres, and saw squat. i see sign all over but just no deer. i have been in the woods probably 15-20 times in the past month and havent filled a tag yet, lol. i have comepretty close, just no cigar. is it common for you guys to see deer ina spot one morning, and then not see any deer at all the next morning. im going to keep at it, b/c i know deer are in there, i guess its just matter of time. i have killed 4 deer in my life but my last one was in october, havent gotten one since (i did miss entire gun season though). how often do you guys see deer on your land? say, out of 10 hunts, how many of themdo you have a deer sighting...of course i love being in the woods and seeing nature, but honestly after these manyouttings without killing, i could really use just a nice little doe in the freezer. but, ill tell ya one thing, im not giving up this year, we have until january 31st and im gonna get out every chance i can, whether i see deer or not, cant kill anything on the couch. thanks guys
Old 01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: whose not seeing anything...?

i'm sure anyone on here will tell you that that's the way it goes sometimes. hang in there and keep at it. also,just becausean area is full of sign doesn't mean the hunting will be easy. keep at em'. you'll get something. good luck
Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Johnny boy is right on. Just keep with it. Maybe try some new tactics. Find out what might be causing this and fixing it. These times are the best because once you do hit that deer, it will the best ever.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:37 PM

thanks fellas for the support. yea i know that when i finally do get my deer (hopefully by jan31st lol) it will be well worked for and worth it. thanks alot guys
Old 01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunted last year......taking only one shot....and missing with that one. This year was worth waiting for, though.

Keep at it.....and good luck.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats Bowhunting. Just Hunt Baby!!

Hatchet jack
Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Geter......like hatchet jack said "just keep hunting"!!!
In my area, the deer are real spookie right now. They have had some type of gun fired at them since youth season in oct. Our rifle doe season ended Dec. 17th so all the deer have pretty much had it with us hunters.
Then there's the coon hunters that have been running them all over the place for a couple of weeks now. Sunday afternoon I was out and only saw one doe with a real young one with her...she didn't show up until AFTER I had lowered my bow to the ground...... just gotta love it!!
Diann
Old 01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

I seam to be having a year of sign and trails, but no deer on them, if i do see something it is just outa range each time, then it is a small doe
Old 01-03-2007, 06:12 PM

thanks guys for the confidence. im going out tomarrow morning again so i will let ya know how it goes, good luck if any of you go out tomarrow - geter
Old 01-03-2007, 06:32 PM

If you're hunting until January 31st, would you be hunting Maryland?

I shot my biggest buck on January 31st. I missed one the day before and figured to give one last effort. It paid off.

This year in Maryland I've heard 'feast or famine' stories. Even some of my property owners have admitted that deer sightings are more sketchy this year than in years past. Don't know why, but that's the word in my areas.

Good luck and hang in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.