Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kentucky Sept Hunt

Old 01-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kentucky Sept Hunt

PSE, unless things have changed,no screw in tree steps, Larry Sharp the old CO at H&H poped Alvey Rinehart back in the 80's for it, He wasen't intensionally breaking the law, just didn't know any better at the time!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

PSE, unless things have changed,no screw in tree steps, Larry Sharp the old CO at H&H poped Alvey Rinehart back in the 80's for it, He wasen't intensionally breaking the law, just didn't know any better at the time!
Thats what I figured. I'll be taking my pop-up blind regardless.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

If it weren't an 8 hour trip to KY, I'd consider making the trip. Maybe I'll change my mind and say screw it come September.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

This is very tempting. It would be a nice birthday gift to myself since my birthday is the 22nd. I could pick up some people on the way too depending on room in the vehicle. It would be a long haul, but I used to drive to school out in Laramie, Wyoming in one day after our breaks. Maybe I will have to save up my PTO for then.
Let me think about this one for a while, but it is sounding tempting.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't read it all, but I'm curious as to how this place will be hunted? Seems like it would be a good idea to post a map to the place with grids and divide it up that way. Better yet would be for all going to have a topo/ariel of the place and have a draw on spots.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

I didn't read it all, but I'm curious as to how this place will be hunted? Seems like it would be a good idea to post a map to the place with grids and divide it up that way. Better yet would be for all going to have a topo/ariel of the place and have a draw on spots.
Still plenty of time. I've already got a 'guide' from Benton that hunts there occasionally. You can bet that I've always got something up my sleeves.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im getting a little worried about this spot gentlemen. I've been talking to some guys in W KY about it & I keep getting the same horrible reviews. "It was good in the late 90s and early 2000s but its been pressured too much." A pretty good friend of mine, Jason Plaxico (wildlife biologist_ told me the same thing. He even said that last October it looked like a Wal-Mart parking lot with deer hunters, fall turkey hunters, small game hunters and horse back riders. Everyone keeps pointing me towards the Sloughs WMA in Henderson and Union Counties along the Ohio River. Its closed to hunting after Oct. 31 and everyones telling me its at its peak while Henderson-Hig is on a quick downfall. Not trying to scare you guys, just want the best option possible. Will continue to look into this and keep you boys updated.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keeps us informed!!! Thx