Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

slow motion ????

Old 01-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: slow motion ????

I’m sitting here going through every kill from this season in my head. I know things don’t slow down, though. The first shot I took, this year, I clipped a nice deer. I was SO shaken up (BEFORE the shot) that I honestly probably rushed aiming at THE right spot. I know I hadn’t been shook up like that in a LONG time….and NEVER, while hunting.

In replaying my kills from this season……I just remember being pretty calm once I knew I was going to shoot a particular animal. I think (& hope) I’ll continue to improve on this aspect of my hunting (and this has NOTHING to do with ‘shooting’ capabilities). I spined a deer this year that I quickly got another arrow into within seconds……but that shot still bothers me to this day. It shouldn’t have been that tough. I was a little frazzled. My last 3 kills were textbook shots…..and I remember being excited but calm when things went down. I recall everything happening in regular time, though.

I’ve been playing golf…..and have had people ask me how many under I was (in a particularly good round)…..and I honestly couldn’t tell them. I didn’t know. I’ve been THERE. I’ve not been in that realm, hunting. I’m not sure I’ll know what that’s like….unless I’m ever “there”.

Interesting topic, though…..

Old 01-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did I read your post right. You shot 19deer this year?

Hatchet jack
Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Total focus, total recall!

that is all...
Old 01-02-2007, 03:29 PM

Did I read your post right. You shot 19deer this year?

Hatchet jack
lol thought the same thing. could be wrong, but i think he means from his first deer ever to his 19th deer which he happened to shoot this year. meaning hes killed 19 over the years.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is called "mirror neurons", and is the one thing that separates us from every other living creature. They are the reason we can play out a scenario in our heads and then execute as if we’d performed a given task once before. If I were to say “jump up and click your heels” you’d create a visual of this act before doing so, and it would greatly assist you in accomplishing this task.

There is a very common condition that humans can get, that is the lack of mirror neurons, which can be debilitating and these people have a lot of trouble executing even simple tasks. It is called – Autism.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Spike

NOOOO I have not seen 19 deer this season but Have killed 19 over the years.But I have got 3 with my bow this year 1 more to go before Feb.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

My one hunting Buddy has 8 this year andI thought that was alot! But 19 WOW. Im glad you cleared that up. You did have a good year though. Good Job!

Hatchet Jack