Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you learned here to help make you a better Bowhunter/Archer?

Old 12-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What have you learned here to help make you a better Bowhunter/Archer?

I know we have all picked up little tips and tricks here in the bowhunting forums over the years.....

I would like to know what you have picked up and from whomthat you feel has or willgreatly benefit you as a Bowhunter and or Archer.

Don't be bashful now.... after all of the stuff that has hit the fan recently, it would be nice to read something positive this forum has brought to you.

Happy New year and best of luck in your hunting endeavors in the New Year!

[/align]
Old 12-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What have you learned here to help make you a better Bowhunter/Archer?

Open Camo Patterns and how great they work!

Old 12-30-2006, 09:16 PM

Default RE: What have you learned here to help make you a better Bowhunter / Archer?

I've learned quite a lot about proper shooting form from Rick James.

I've learned quite alot about buck behaviour from buckeye....

Learned alot about camo from Rob, Greg, and some others.

I've picked up some small tricks here and there, one regarding ratcheting down a layered foam target as it gets shot up....Think that one came from dwd2001

I think the most I've learned is just about people themselves, and how they hunt. I put that knowledge to use and do things differently sometimes.

On top of that, I've learned alot about the folks that hang out here and am proud to call a few of them my friends.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:19 PM

Default RE: What have you learned here to help make you a better Bowhunter / Archer?

Mobow hit on a lot of what I would have said.

Other than those things, I can't even begin to pick out all the little tips and tricks I've learned here. HuntingNet has been a great teacher over the years.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Banned

Default RE: What have you learned here to help make you a better Bowhunter/Archer?

1. The benefits of open camo patterns
2. The benefits of being a mobile hunter by using lone wolf sticks and their stands so that deer can't pattern my stand locations because there is no pattern to my stand locations.
3. That carbon clothing is a joke and to rely totally on hunting with the wind in your favor instead of a carbon clothing gimmick
4. I learned about Gray Wolf Woolens clothing on here.
5.I learned about blazer vanes on here.
6.I knew about Bowtech bows butlearned knowledge about Bowtech bows on here and this is the reason that I bought my Tribute which is an awesome bow.
7. I learned that there is no gain in speedhaving a 70# bow over a 60# bow as one has to step up to a heavier spine arrow and weight so all your are gaining is kinetetic energy with the heavier setup which isn't neccessary for a deer bow anyway.
8. I learned about Enigma Camo on here and realized that I am the only guy walking around central IA with a coat of it as I sure got looks at Sportsmans Warehouse last weekend.
9. I met TeeJay and Katie and Ron andMOM W/SWDand their friendship and deer huntingknowledge they have passed on to me.
10. Atlasman taught me how to argue with the deer until they give up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO BUCKEYE!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:03 PM

I have learned quite a few things on here myself. A few years ago, I didn't know how to shoot a bow. I could pull the string back andpull the trigger but that was about it.

When I came on here I learned how to execute proper form which has greatly improved my accuracy and confidence. I have alsolearned how to repair/maintain my own equipment.

There are a few more.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Site Buck Guru

Well, right off the top of my head, I've learned ......

1) I can type twice as fast if I use two fingers instead of one.

2) That my Treebark camo is outdated (tell that to the deer).

3) I learned that "Demanding Respect" can be great fun.

I'm not sure if these things helped me become a better hunter, but I know they didn't hurt. It's been great fun though and I enjoy reading others hunting stories.

Happy New Year to all
Old 12-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just mainly like to hear other peoples opinions. I enjoy the hunting stories. I can't say that I've really changed anything because of it, though.

I plan on using my PSE for quite a few more years. My
Wal-Mart camo works great. I will keep using a whisker biscuit. I will keep using expandable broadheads. I will keep killing deer.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:50 AM

I thought I was a bowhunter fora lond time , untill I found this site. Now I realize how much more there is to shooting a bow and arrow. You dont just grab a bow and some arrows , broadheads and site in, like I did. . Hoping to hit somewhere close to the bulls eye. This site has taught me how to set up my bow , basically rebuilt it to the hillt , form , and now I know how to shoot a soda can at 30 yards .
Its weird to think I know more know but realizeI'm just a bigginer . Thanks everyone for all the help , HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 12-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Typical Buck

Not only have I learned about the vast array of equipment as well as the pros and cons to just about everything out in the archery world, I have had the good fortune to meet a few other greatmembers from this site.

Quick Reply: What have you learned here to help make you a better Bowhunter/Archer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.