Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Morning Hunt Sucess.....Almost!!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Morning Hunt Sucess.....Almost!!!!

Hey guys i was hunting dismorning its the second week of the late archery season. I decided to stay on stand until atleast 11:00. So it's coming to be about 10:00 o'clock and i see some deer below me on a path about 100 yards away. It looked like they were coming up towards me none of them looked like bucks. So i just kept and eye on them then all of a sudden i hear crashing behind and to the right of me. Here comes about 10 deer total. First about 6-8 huge does and then this big buck come behind them and a little one behind him. I stop all of them with a little mouth grunt. They had to be out at like 50 yards so a shot was unethical my bows only set at about 60 pound draw and i dont even have my 50 yard pin setup yet i got a 10 20 and 30 setup. So the deer start to trot again and go below me and meet up with the other deer. And they just like mingle on this path about 100 yards away and then disappear. i was wondering wwere u guys would put a stand for the remainder of the season after me viewing these deer???
Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Morning Hunt Sucess.....Almost!!!!

On the North side of the trail in that big oak tree would probably work.