Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

Old 01-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POS Gorilla Treestand cost me Buck

MO, you just got served.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

No, Lone Wolf has never had a treestand recall. I've designed much of the products for Lone Wolf, so I know the specifics regarding this stuff.

As far as the bolt breaking on the stand. We use only grade 8 bolts, which have never been, and will never be the weakest point on any stand. The aluminum tubes will actually tear before the bolts will break from normal use. The only way you can break one of these bolts is if you allow them to loosen up, continue to use the product, which causes the bolt to bend and/or wear after time. This is the only possible way a bolt can break on these stands. We've got the TMA test data to prove this.

As far as noise is concerned, well, Lone Wolf slogan is "Your silent partner", that pretty much says it all.
Andre is that you????
Old 01-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

I am not going to tell a guy he needs to spend $350 on a stand any more that I would tell a guy he needs to spend $800 for a new bow. There are good stands on the market cheaper just as there are good hunting bows cheaper BUT.................think about why a new Wally World climbing stand is only $80.

(1) its one way to entice someone to buy more products from their hunting section

(2) the quality just isn't there

All my opinions of course, but I am not backing down from them.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:15 AM

Mo guys like dingle vee have thier opinions too. Thing is thier opinions are like farts in the wind they stink for a second then thier gone. He really needs to get a better hobby.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mo guys like dingle vee have thier opinions too. Thing is thier opinions are like farts in the wind they stink for a second then thier gone. He really needs to get a better hobby.
Its posts like these that get posts edited/deleted, whole threads locked, and sometimes warnings issued. If this thread can't get any better......then its gone. Thats a shame when information gets lost because some can't adhere to rules.