Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How my season is going

Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How my season is going

I can honestly say this has been one of the best seasons i have ever had,
I have not killedsome bone YET but have seen more bucks this season than any other season in my 20+ years of hunting. Im still seeing alot of bucks now in the late season mainly 1 1/2 olds. Im am not complaining because i would rather see and let pass younger bucks than see nothing at all. Iarrowed a Doe along side my son this season after he had just shot one to, back in mid Oct.and man i would not trade that moment for nothing. My main goal was for my son to kill a nice buck this season which he did a nice8 point (shotgun season)because he had told me he wanted to be more selective this season. the other bucks he sowed his oats on were good learning bucks and great for gaining experience and i would not trade those moments for nothing either. This is my last week to hunt and im off work till Jan 4th so im hanging in there till the bitter end. Its looking like history will again repeat itself because I usually tag a mature buck every other year and this is my do without year. but if i werent enjoying myself i guess i would not be out there every morning and loosing some much needed beauty sleep because im a REALLOOKER, respect[8D] I hope ALL you guys and gals are having a ball in this wonderful sport of bowhunting because there is nothing like it. I try to give congrats to all the people who post there success storys and pics on here but im sure i have missed alot. so, the bloodcreek sez congrats to all of you right now and im looking forward to next season allready. Peace out
Dan
Old 12-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How my season is going

You have figured it out.

SUCCESS.We each have a different definition of succesS and yours pretty much mirrors mine.I just don't get the nice one every other year.[]

Some of my best hunting experiences have NOTHING to do with drawing a bow or harvesting an animal.

I too have concentrated on my childrens hunting this year and they have both scored.Both with rifles but scored,nonetheless.