Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Electronic deer decoys and other electronics???

Old 12-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Banned

Default Electronic deer decoys and other electronics???

Two questions:
1. How do you feel about these, is it cheating? For the most part I think that they may be an unfair advantage but the other part of me feels that game cameras, range finders, releases,these high tech compound bows we are shooting, the new camos(especially enigma, they don't stand a chance)and other new age hunting tools have gotten us away from the originalsport of archery any way. I know when these 1st came out for the waterfowl hunter that most states lawscried foul but for the most part I believethey are allowed and used widely by waterfowl hunters now. How about it; good or bad?
2. How about electronic rangefinders and electronic trail cameras; are these cheating too and where do you draw the line of "unfair"?

Here is the Mojo brand.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:14 PM

Default RE: Electronic deer decoys???

only good for catching poachers. who needs a decoy anyway?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I don't have one, I'll say it's cheating.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never use decoys but when you start talking electronics I don't like it. If the law says its ok than I'm fine with it but wouldn't use it.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I never use decoys but when you start talking electronics I don't like it. If the law says its ok than I'm fine with it but wouldn't use it.
I know what you mean; kind of takes away from the hunt IMO. How about electronic rangefinders and electronic trail cameras? I am fine with the rangefinder but part of me says that scouting with a camera isn't fair either.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:25 PM

Hm, interesting. I guess I would officially say I am ok with them.....It's not much different than a Mojo duck or dove decoy....Same principle.

I'll never use one though. First off, they are Oh My God expensive, and besides that, I have enough crap to carry to the woods.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Banned

mobo, I know what you are saying for for some reason I am OK with the duck and the dove but I feel differently about the deer one a little. Maybe becauseI haven'tseen themin use on TV and in the field as much as we have been conditioned to accepting the electronic duck decoys?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM

Yeah....maybe....I think I see your point, though....I mean, a line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere......It raises the question, how much is enough?

We as hunters use EVERYTHING we can to give us an adantage....So I guess the real question is....Are we that bad as hunters, or are the deer THAT GOOD?? Either way, I am quite confident the Native Americans were far better than us.....
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Electronic deer decoys and other electronics???

As far as legal goes, I'll leave that up to my state. I will say that the more I hunt year to year, the more I'm inclined to get back to basics. No decoys, rangefinders, or other high-speed gadgets to make things "easier". Sure my bow is modern as well as arrows and climbing stand, but at the end of the day, everything sold in Bass Pro, Cabelas, or any other store can't compare to simple woodsmanship. I quit trying to keep up with the "jones".
Old 12-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Electronic deer decoys and other electronics???

Im ok with the other stuff mentioned but i dont think i could get myself to use the deer decoy (electronic version anyway) and as mentioned earlier, i have enough to carry and some of the places i hunt, there is no way of getting that one back there without making a bunch of racket.
Dan

Quick Reply: Electronic deer decoys and other electronics???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.