Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Electronic deer decoys and other electronics???

Old 12-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Electronic deer decoys and other electronics???

The whole industry is getting too gagetry. Is that a word?
Old 12-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about raising a tame doe and train her to circle your hunting land and come by your stand every 30 minutes or so. You could put some estrous doe pee on her tail and tie a drag to one leg.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Electronic deer decoys???

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I never use decoys but when you start talking electronics I don't like it. If the law says its ok than I'm fine with it but wouldn't use it.
I know what you mean; kind of takes away from the hunt IMO. How about electronic rangefinders and electronic trail cameras? I am fine with the rangefinder but part of me says that scouting with a camera isn't fair either.
I don't own a trail camera or decoy. Seldom do I even use calls. I don't want to be in my tree stand and see a big buck and say "There he is "
because I have already have seen him on a trail camera. I want to see a big buck and say " Good googa mooga, dear lord please, dear lord please, dear lord please. "
Old 12-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Site Bouncer

I don't own a trail camera or decoy. Seldom do I even use calls. I don't want to be in my tree stand and see a big buck and say "There he is "
because I have already have seen him on a trail camera. I want to see a big buck and say " Good googa mooga, dear lord please, dear lord please, dear lord please. "
Couldn't have said it better myself! "Good googa mooga"........you kill me!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I never use decoys but when you start talking electronics I don't like it. If the law says its ok than I'm fine with it but wouldn't use it.
I know what you mean; kind of takes away from the hunt IMO. How about electronic rangefinders and electronic trail cameras? I am fine with the rangefinder but part of me says that scouting with a camera isn't fair either.
Amen Motown, Amen

I take a cell phone so I can call GMMAT and Rob and count to 16

No calls, Scents or decoys. I believe the best way to kill a mature buck is don't let him know he is being hunted

Old 12-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I side with you guys. How about electric call, they make me puke.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Site Buck Guru

When they make a decoy that is motorized with hide-away wheels, that I can drive to my stand with all my gear.... then maybe I'll use one.

Might look kind of odd on the interstate!
Old 12-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore, theElectronic Decoy issomething Icoulddo without for sure, along with about a 1,000other things, both electronic and non electronic! Game Cam's(I don't have one) can help you decide what property to hunt, or keep you from wasting all your time on a Nocturnal Buck(like I did this year) But it's like my friend Bob Fratzke once told me, Johnny, right when you think you got them figgured out, thay will make a JackA$$ out of ya,No words have ever been more true! Range finders, (I Don't have on of these either) never could justify the price of one of them for knowing my yardage! Do I feel like their cheating? Man Ifeel like I have been cheating ever since 1969 when the local Archery shop owner taped a sight on my 50# recurve. Felt like an evean bigger cheater when I had to change from fingers to a release, ( I helped try to ban these things when thay first came out) Because the average Joe 270 shooter that couldn't clean the string with his fingers was now a 300 shooter. AndI can't even begin to explane how much I felt like I was cheating when I got out of the Core in the late 70's, and pulled my first compound, because out of 3 Pro shops I went to, not one of them had a Recurve for sale! Now, what I thought was cheating back then, is now the norm. P&Y club has taken a beating overtheir stance on Electronics and max 65% let off. And I won't get in to that now.Unless some type of lawis set, I would just call them unnecessary, notnecessarilycheating.