Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I'd register the buck regardless.
76.67%
I'd only register the buck if it challenged the state record
6.67%
I'd never register a buck in the books
16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Another Question for you to consider

Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Question for you to consider

All this talk about record book bucks and whether you'd register one got me thinking.I was wondering if anyonesopinion on whether you'd registered a buck in P & Y or B & C would change if you shot a buck that challenged your state record. I'm registering mine regardless, but I was just curious what the rest of you would do.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Another Question for you to concider

John I said this in the other thread.

I have not registered any of my deer, includingthe one from this year. IfI shot one and it would beat our current state typical record I would enter the buck. Only if Mitch Rompala still holds the record. He has the current record, I think very little of Mitch.

My reason for not entering deer is simple, I could careless if you guys know what I shoot. I really do not want folks to know(in MI), I do not even post pictures at my hunting club.

A lot of Hunters have the "Self Entitlement disease", they think they canhunt anywhere. Because they live in MI and have worked for 30 years in the auto industry they are entitled to hunt your land. You guys may think I am nuts, but I got permission for a family member to hunt the farm across the street. Guess who I caught tresspassing on our farm[:@] I have no love forother(some not all)hunters in my state. I have my core friends, but mostly I keep to myself. HNI is a great place, I would hunt with any of you guys, I just wish there were more like HNI members in my state.

Germ
Old 12-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

My reason for not entering deer is simple, I could careless if you guys know what I shoot. I really do not want folks to know(in MI), I do not even post pictures at my hunting club.

Germ
LOL
Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I would register it just to register it. It is kinda a nice group to be part of. P&Y only requires you to have a big deer, not a big head.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zubba

Yeah, I would register it just to register it. It is kinda a nice group to be part of. P&Y only requires you to have a big deer, not a big head.
LOL, I couldn't agree more.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

I enter them all. I like the info.... how big they are and where they're coming from. I really only pay attention to the buck (or animal) and where he came from. If I scan through and see if I know somebody, it is secondary. I'm facinated with big bucks, just not to the point of spooning though! Respect.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: Germ

Germ
LOL
See I know how you think
Old 12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt if I would if it just made it in. Who would even notice it anyway?

I would be more inclined to enter one into the state book, I think it is Cy Curtis.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: isatarak

I doubt if I would if it just made it in. Who would even notice it anyway?

I would be more inclined to enter one into the state book, I think it is Cy Curtis.
Yeah, you're right, it's Cy Curtis. Minimum score of 135 typical and 150 nontypical.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Banned

Default RE: Another Question for you to consider

ORIGINAL: John Deer

All this talk about record book bucks and whether you'd register one got me thinking.I was wondering if anyonesopinion on whether you'd registered a buck in P & Y or B & C would change if you shot a buck that challenged your state record. I'm registering mine regardless, but I was just curious what the rest of you would do.
Hell yea I would register mine to challenge a state record. I would then have Germ travel to all of the deer shows across the nation and have him tell my story and hand out hardcorehunting adventures business cards while he drummed up sponsors for me and people admired my buck.Hey, paybacks are hell for you doing a lousy job of inspecting my Z71 tranny before it left the plant.[:@]

Quick Reply: Another Question for you to consider

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.