Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunters have a bad "rep"????

Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 AM

Default RE: Bowhunters have a bad "rep"????

Pathetic indeed......during gun season, we found 3 bucks and two does dead on our property alone!!! My neighbors must be piss poor shots!!
Old 12-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Just as an aside.....

Before we get off topic, here .....I'm only interested in why an ORGANIZATION would take this stance. I'd really hope we wouldn't get into a debate about gun vs. bow in THIS topic. It wasn't meant to go that route.

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2006, 09:38 AM

i agree. like i said in my reply.. i also found a few dead deer on my land it sickens me because people poach more with rifle then gun in my state that is atleast..i have not seen one deer this season with a clean shot with gun.. like my buddie i have here he is a awsome bow hunter but it took him 2 shots with a 300 winmag to lay out a deer.. thats sad but yet to say he found his deer.. but i hate people that goes around bashing bow hunters see gun hunters dont like it when we bash them... ahhh it makes me sick
Old 12-29-2006, 09:41 AM

Sorry Gmmat im just letting off some steam about the topic.. its a touchy topic here in maryland.. i was bow hunting in public land the first time in years with bow an some muzzle loader hunters was throwing dirt clogs an pissing around the area i was hunting that just not right.. talking trash because we get the pick first.. well what i always tell them is go get your self a bow an go bow hunting then.. this was 3-4 weeks ago it made me mad as all heck.. happy hunting
Old 12-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm only interested in why an ORGANIZATION would take this stance.
Not sure why they would take this stance. I don't knowmuch about them, but it appears they have a personal agenda.

Was this published anywhere? Where did you find it?
Old 12-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually there's a similar discussion going on in the Mathews Forum. I saw it there. There's a few members from the TTHA in there that are TEED OFF!!

Old 12-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would they take this stance? simple, greed.
Bowhunters typically:

- get longer season
- go before gun season, even in the rut
- shoot deer that the gun hunters could have shot if they weren't already shot.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:50 AM

well i hunt my own land soo isnt to much alot of people can say.. i some times let other people hunt it. but not alot of people because i had a few stands missing on my land an found a few stand that shouldnt of been their.. soo i can see a gun hunters point of view but gun hunters have to see our point of view.. we do not get long distance shots like they do but yet we get the first pics but like i tell the local gun hunters.. BUY YOUR SELF A BOW THEN. thanks.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 AM

Not making fun of anyone but you have to admit every bow coming with a tracking dog would be good. But other than that thats so stupid! That makes me really mad![:@]
Old 12-29-2006, 10:45 AM

wow, that is pretty shocking. I have never seen bashing like that come from other hunters. are we sure this is for real? maybe peta is trying to divide and conquer.

Quick Reply: Bowhunters have a bad "rep"????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.