Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I have / would enter my animal into P&Y.
61.19%
No I haven't / wouldn't enter my animal into P&Y.
23.88%
Undecided.
14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

P&Y discussion continued......

Old 12-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: P&Y discussion continued......

I am undecided. One one hand it would be cool to get it in there and have a permanent record kind of thing. But on the other hand I really don't care. I just go out to hunt for myself, not to get my name in a book. Someday if the mood strikes me I may put it in, who knows.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll never say never, but for now it really does not interest me. Pictures and a shoulder Mount will do fine.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

GUS.....on the surface....I used to say that, too. AND....I said the score of my deer didn't matter. I find myself not "worrying" about it, now....but I will score my deer when it gets back from the taxi's place.....JUST to be knowledgeable when/if people ask. I think it would be informative to know.

I guess I see the P&Y as sort of a fraternity??????? I won't jump through hoops to join....and the members HAVE to know that THEIR location has SOME bearing on their "entrance exam" (or, at LEAST, the site of the test!).

I waiver on this....I really do.....but I guess I won't spend too much time worrying about it until I get my "invitation"!....lol
Old 12-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not sure if I would enter. This years buck would most likely make it, depending on a scoring call on a tine. I'm thinking that even if it did make minimum score, I'd rather spend $25 on some broadheads. That is what it is all about for me, the hunt (I don't have taxidermy done, either).

Old 12-29-2006, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Sure I would enter one. Still waiting to have that problem though...LOL

MC
Old 12-29-2006, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT, I have never had any of my bucks scored. Not really sure why.I would like to learn how to do it myself just to fool around and have bragging rights over my huntin buddies!!!

I have only mounted one buck, and myDad, Brother andI have several on a home-made plaques. It's not like I chuck them in the woods or anything.

I like the idea of honoring the animal and remembering the hunt. I think it is an important part of it all, but I am not sure entering it in the P/Y book is the best way to that for me.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have Whitetail, Black Bears, Caribou that qualify easily (my measuring by the book) but never enter any. I got a sour taste for the record booksfrom a few things I knew happened with a couple members.
I congratulate those that have done it the hard way though...
Old 12-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Bartender

Yeah like the Zaft buck. Good source said panel had issues with the harvest of it and the only way to act is the way it did with the scoring.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Yeah like the Zaft buck. Good source said panel had issues with the harvest of it and the only way to act is the way it did with the scoring.
Exactly. I'm not saying that it was not an abnormal point, but look what happened to the score after that deduction. If you look in the book and see where the deer stands in rankings....its an injustice to a huge buck.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no interest in entering a buck in the book. I'll score mine myself and that's close enough for me.

Quick Reply: P&Y discussion continued......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.