Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I have / would enter my animal into P&Y.
61.19%
No I haven't / wouldn't enter my animal into P&Y.
23.88%
Undecided.
14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

P&Y discussion continued......

Old 12-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: P&Y discussion continued......

I have entered mine (7) and one in B&C too, under modern day trophies (160 min.). I enjoy looking at records listings for all game. Last books that I bought were in 1992, time for some new ones. As I said before, I'm a numbers guy, I like to see where all the big bucks are coming from and what sizes they are coming in.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:48 PM

I guess I am still undecided. I am nota big fan of their scoring system. I believe that taking deductions for measurements not being the same on each side is wrong and doesn't give the true size of the buck.

I believe I read somewhere that these organizations were started because of the decline in game numbers. They were trying to keep records of how big these animals got, incase they ever became extinct. To me, the scoring systems don't do the animals justice. There is no such thing as a perfect rack.

Just my .02.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I entered the First one that made Book in 1983, was a member, and made some Friends. Due to a family illness, and shortly after going back in the millitary, I drifted away, not submittingany Animals for the last 22 years. After reading some of the great and not so great posts on the P&Y poll earlier today, I will save up the money, have thethem officaly scored, and entered into the Book. I will also request to be a Member again, after all I could spend my money on alot worse things!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:00 PM

You Bet. I will enter my first one, then after that I'll probably enter after it scores 150 or better
Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I would do it.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definetely, first one I shoot that qualifies is going in!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Banned

You bet.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd enter a qualifying animal. If I were to be asked to become a member at Augusta National.....I'd probably order the members' yearbook, too. I bought the yearbook when I was in high school and college.

I don't see much of a difference.

I'm certainly not going to stand outside the walls of Harvard and make fun of their yearbook and the people in it. It smells of "sour grapes".

Jeff

Old 12-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Bartender

Thread stealer lol, I am going to be entering one next year. Now you didnt ask what the last battle for the thread so lets see what happens with this.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I entered my first in 1996 and was proud to do so if for nothing elsemy own satisfaction and achievment.
There are plenty ofanimalstaken each year by hunters that never get entered into the books or even scored and i respect the reason these hunters decid not to.I simplyask respect for thereason that others hunters and myself do.

Quick Reply: P&Y discussion continued......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.