Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a night! Big buck down! (Pics)

Old 12-29-2006, 07:07 PM

Default RE: What a night!

awsome buck... the drop tine adds alot to the appearance
Old 12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tell your bud, great job, and Mike, I am looking forward to seeing that buck you saw tonight, on the ground with you guys smiling over it!My season is over, so I am living it through you guys![8D]

Tony
Old 12-29-2006, 07:50 PM

Congrats!

Question for you though: So was he hit like you guys originally thought? (from the front shoulder all the way to right in front of the back leg)

If so, does it surprise anyone that the buck only went 40 yards? I would think that at most, it was a single lung and liver hit?... meaning that sucker could've gone for hundreds of yards possibly?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MonsterBuckDreams

Congrats!

Question for you though: So was he hit like you guys originally thought? (from the front shoulder all the way to right in front of the back leg)

If so, does it surprise anyone that the buck only went 40 yards? I would think that at most, it was a single lung and liver hit?... meaning that sucker could've gone for hundreds of yards possibly?
Yeah, the shot was just like we saw on the footage. He got one lung, liver, and a bunch of guts. Since we didnt bump him he layed down not too long after the shot.

Also, i said that he went 40 yards from where the arrow fell out. In total he went probably 100 yards.