Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good deal

Old 12-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good deal

I was at the one in Bloomington(Ill) yesterday and they had about 10 of them for 54 bucks each....I passed.

Saving for a summit!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for posting... A similar thread a couple years ago allowed me to go buy a Bushnell Sport rangefinder for less than $100 at JC Penney.

Hope you like your stand!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:27 PM

It's sad , but down here in my neck of the woods, the hunting close-outs never get down that far in price, cause everyone knows about the close-outs, and runs in and starts buying things up. That hurts , because Wal-mart never has to price the stuff with much of a discount to sell it. Usually everything is gone on a 25-30% discount. Much of it is gone at 15-25 %.

God Bless

Old 12-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

They are marked down to $35 at the Walmart in my area. I should buy every one they have and put them on ebay.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

they are already gone one day later here
Old 12-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fufanu360

i hate hearing how everyone supports wal-mart or any other big box store... its really hard on the pro shops... but i guess the treestand was a pretty killer deal
Many started off as small shops. I think most smallstores would like to be bigger and in more than one location. What then? I'm a very small business person in a big field and have no lack of customers. A retail archery/hunting store can do the same if they care to. They just need to offer what others don't. They could help their bottom line by buying things like this deal here that they know the store, "that sob"is loosing money on.

My local big box stores didn't carry 1/2 the stuff they have in the past this year. Much of the stuff they put out was last years goods. Good news for others who are savvy enough to exploit it. They would have to know what the competition is doing though. Many would rather cut off their nose to spite their face, "I'll never set foot in...".

As far as stores like cabela's, anyone can compete price wise with them.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Absolutely correct, nodog! Big box stores can never offer the level of service a smaller store can, and there's plenty of opportunity to not only compete as a small business owner, but to excel.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wallyworld here has been stocking less and less hunting equipment each year. Anything they have left that I'm interested in hasn't even been marked down yet or not enough. I'm used to pretty good late season deals here, but this year there just isn't enough decent stuff on the shelves to care about it.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Absolutely correct, nodog! Big box stores can never offer the level of service a smaller store can, and there's plenty of opportunity to not only compete as a small business owner, but to excel.
Gibbys an excellent example. I wouldn't be the least surprised if he, one day, is known as well as Sims. Have you seen his thread at AT. Holy mackerel that's a lot of hits and replies. A company like Bowtec would not loose moneyand only gain respectby putting his strings on.Then again maybe he's better offreplacing the factor strings .
Old 12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to but a pair of insulated camo bibs for $35 the other day that normally go for $95