Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

God's Country camo???

Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: God's Country camo???

I doubt it.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would you be just as impressed if they were a religion different from yours and put their symbols on the camo?
Such camo patterns as "Realtree Doomsday Jihad" "Mossy Burka" and "Asalama AlaykumSAT" -
Man I don't care if that camo came with a Klingon Cloaking Device - I'll Pass!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:07 PM

not bad, i like it
Old 12-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

Would you be just as impressed if they were a religion different from yours and put their symbols on the camo?
Such camo patterns as "Realtree Doomsday Jihad" "Mossy Burka" and "Asalama AlaykumSAT" -
Man I don't care if that camo came with a Klingon Cloaking Device - I'll Pass!!!
I don't really care what religion you are, it takes nuggets to stand up for what you believe.

I think the pattern is decent (I've seen worse)regardless of who's selling it.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I think the pattern looks good. If we had snow here (we do...but not very often)....I'd likely like it even more.

I feel the same way about Martin. Nice bows but they totally turn me off their company by using bimbo looking chicks to promote it. Nothing wrong with good looking chick's, it just doesn't have anything to do with the product or hunting in my opinion. Makes me wonder why they themselves think that the product won't stand on it's own merit and they need to "enhance" the advertisements? Do they really think men are that dense,hard up or whatever?
Men ARE that dense and hard-up. You'll never see a photo of my wife on this page because of that. THAT is huMAN nature.

I own a Mathews bow.....as well as a competitor. I watched a special on TV, last week....that had Babe Winkelman chronicling the life of Matt McPherson (Owner and founder of Mathews). I wouldn't care if he were the founder of Hoyt, Darton, etc....I admire the man for his convictions. There's a man that admits that his faith is THE driving force behind his business. He doesn't hide it one bit. It's admirable. Matt said a driving force in his business and life is a quote he's always remembered (and has on a plaque) by Thomas Elliot (Boy....I think that's right....but if not...I apologize). The quote reads --

"He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep,
to keep what he can not lose."

That folks.....is beautiful.

I'd be interested to see if they had other patterns. I need something for th eearly season, here.

Jeff
Old 12-29-2006, 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Blunter

I feel religion is a personal thing and should be kept to ones self, not used as "promotion" of self or company.

Would you be just as impressed if they were a religion different from yours and put their symbols on the Cami?
Religion is defiantly not a personal thing it is a cultural thing. And as far as one keeping religion to themselves instead of using it as promotion to self or company. Well I would say that would depend on what you define as religion versus what you define as spirituality. To me this clothing and others like it portray spirituality notreligion. Do some use this spiritually in people to sell products, heck yeah!!! Look at Christmas. Jesus was not even born in December, he was born in springtime, the December date was decided due to a pagan holiday that was already on December 25. the church felt that they could reach more by placing Christmas on the same date. From this America commercialized this Holiday. If the persons selling this clothing are not Christian, many Christians would not even care. The reason for this is that in the marketing, in the advertisements etc.. God is glorified, andpeople are reminded of Christianity. In doing this alone a good has been served.

You alsoasked if I would be impressed if the symbolism in this camoreflected other religious symbolism other than my own. This is a big world Buelhunter and I am notclose-mindedenough to expect all persons in it to conform to a particular spiritual pattern. Would they impress me? No. But, I would understand their desire to fill and conform to their cultural society pattern.

For me personally, I am a extremely and sometimes fiercely spiritual person. If these camo patterns work well, I would wear themeverytime I would hunt. I also openly speak out about how wonderful I find my relationship with God. I do this not in self-promotion of myself. I do it in promtion of God. Everyday I breathe air on this earth it is because of God, and because of this I am thankful.

Wishing you well.
S

Old 12-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

Put me down for set of camo in the Doomsday Jihad.

I think it is a marketing ploy meant to connect with the followership of religious groups. A great business to start is anything that is marketed towards religious folks.

Buying religious camo will get you first dibs on a hunting spot in heaven or hell. That is beauty of it. That's what I read anyway.

Tom
Old 12-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hoytgirl I have to say that I like the way that you putyour conviction in words. I feel the way that you do butcould have never put it into words that way that you did. GMMAT I taped that show and like you I was impressed with Matt. Also that pheasant hunting looked like it was a ball.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:24 AM

Hoytgirl.......very well said.
You make me proud to be your friend.
Diann
Old 12-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have some of that camo too ( late fall season ) it really blends in well and breaks your outline really good.

Quick Reply: God's Country camo???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.