Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

God's Country camo???

Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM

Default RE: God's Country camo???

Dr Andy,
That's kind of my point.
If the camo is good and it works(and I do like the way it looks,except for the religious symbols) then why do they feel it neccesary to bring their religion into it?
Marketing?

I feel the same way about Martin. Nice bows but they totally turn me off their company by using bimbo looking chicks to promote it. Nothing wrong with good looking chick's, it just doesn't have anything to do with the product or hunting in my opinion. Makes me wonder why they themselves think that the product won't stand on it's own merit and they need to "enhance" the advertisements? Do they really think men are that dense,hard up or whatever?
Now, it is different if the good looking gal is actually a hunter and dressed as such, then it has merit and worth in that the gal is a hunter, not just window dressing.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

Here is a video I found courtesy of down south hunting.
http://downsouthhuntingforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6372
Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

Dr Andy,
That's kind of my point.
If the camo is good and it works(and I do like the way it looks,except for the religious symbols) then why do they feel it neccesary to bring their religion into it?
Marketing?

As Christians I am sure that they are not just trying to market their religion by placing symbolism on their gear. I would assume that they happen to believe that the only reason they are able to hunt and are blessed with a bountiful harvest is due to God. As such, it would make sense that they would feel a need to promote and Honor this God by placing symbols that are significant to them on their clothing. Many Christians also feel it is their duty to profess God to others. By wearing this camo they could showcase their feelings and perhaps someone might notice this symbolism and ask some questions. By selling gear that has this symbolism on it, they are expanding and honaring God's greatness. Okay, enough......... As far as the Martin girls, yes Buellhunter, many guys are that dense. Especially very young guys. I do agree with you that it is better to see girls that are actually hunters portraying hunting goods. But, who knows maybe those Martin girls are hunters.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

The original Martin girl is in the Martin family.A stepdaughter if memory serves.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:21 PM

That is what I have heard as well.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The original Martin girl is in the Martin family.A stepdaughter if memory serves.
Off Topic.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: hoytgirl

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

Dr Andy,
That's kind of my point.
Marketing?

As Christians I am sure that they are not just trying to market their religion by placing symbolism on their gear. I would assume that they happen to believe that the only reason they are able to hunt and are blessed with a bountiful harvest is due to God. As such, it would make sense that they would feel a need to promote and Honor this God by placing symbols that are significant to them on their clothing. Many Christians also feel it is their duty to profess God to others. By wearing this camo they could showcase their feelings and perhaps someone might notice this symbolism and ask some questions. By selling gear that has this symbolism on it, they are expanding and honaring God's greatness. Okay, enough......... As far as the Martin girls, yes Buellhunter, many guys are that dense. Especially very young guys. I do agree with you that it is better to see girls that are actually hunters portraying hunting goods. But, who knows maybe those Martin girls are hunters.
Well said!!! I actually thought this was the last posters' reply as I read it and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was my wifes' instead. Very cool baby.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:46 PM

is it just me or is this camo a very close resemblence torealtree hardwoods?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the pattern, and I really, really,like the Martin Girl, Call me Dense if you like, I don't care!! (and I don't evean own a Martin) My post was 50% on topic, is that OK Rob?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:59 PM

or, maybe they are not religious at all but see all the hunting shows thanking God and think hmmmmm let's put religion on our camo and use Him as a marketing ploy. I am not saying that is what they are doing, it just always makes me wonder.
I think they would be better off, in my case anyway to try to sell me camo, not religion.

I do not care if a person is religious or not.
I do not care if a company is or not.
I care about how the person acts torward me and others.
I care about a companies products(do they work), service(are they going to take care of me) and value(am I getting a fair price for the product).

I feel religion is a personal thing and should be kept to ones self, not used as "promotion" of self or company.

Would you be just as impressed if they were a religion different from yours and put their symbols on the camo?

Quick Reply: God's Country camo???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.