Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Observations.....honest observations.....

Old 12-28-2006, 12:25 PM

Default RE: Observations.....honest observations.....

And I thought I was the only one who was upset with the way things were being handled around here.
I posted at length in the off season forum, regarding how I thought the thread deletion and preferential treatment around here was getting ridiculous. I didnt break a single "rule" in the post.
It was deleted within 20 minutes.
I never got a response to my request for a reason.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, good luck with that. Don't take this place like that. Stay because you want too. Go for the same reason. No one really cares if you do either way and I'm not trying to be mean, just the way it is. We all come to say what we want to say, not really to listen.

I really enjoyed listening to myself saying that.

There's an interesting thing about a revolutionary person. Were all sort of like one. I believe I am. They are never followed until they are gone. They are the passionate ones who truly believe they have the answers but lack the clout of some who are believed to be a leader. The leaders often will not follow them because they can not share power, often are envious. The cause will flounder until the person with the vision is removed and then the leaders who the people will follow take up the cause because they will get the glory. The revolutionary never wanted the glory, just what was best for the people. They often felt like you do.

So there’s a reason to put a smile on your face. After your dead people will see things your way.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Jeff

I would stronglyadvise " not "giving MOTOWN an olive branch. He will just whittle it into a switch and spank your a** or someone else's. Not because he is mean... just because he can!! [8D]

You guys take a lot of this too serious. It's what you make of it. Not everyone will agree with you.Why beat yourself up trying to " debate " them.Give your opinion and let it go. You just add fuel to what can become a never ending fire. Nothing has changed... You still will do your thing, they will do their's.

Good luck onyour new road. If they are like my road... you still tend to run into bumps along it. Keeps life interesting.

Tim
Old 12-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Dominant Buck

4) I've never thought any equipment I ever purchased was pure junk
Patience Grasshopper..... you will.[8D][8D] WE all have or will. Mine was a new climber that I bought at a show in Harrisburg before they hit the stores. They pulled it off the market before they did. Mine had a catastopic collapse the first time deep into the Adirondacks 3/4 of a mile from the road.I had practiced with it in the yard 3 or 4 times. Thank God I was younger and was at least wearing a safety belt. All that happened was I got my chain jerked, the wind knocked out of me and left me hanging sideways 12 feet up. I got zero cooperation from the manufacturer. It was junk.[&:] THe rest of your comments I can relate to. ...OH, and my Dad's tougher than your Dad.[8D]
Old 12-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

I am one of the easiest going guys on the planet. I am 6'3" and 210 lbs and as with most guys my size, we are all puppy dogs and mild mannered. I have no ill feelings toward you Jeff or anybody. As Buckeye stated in the other hot thread now; "fanboys get aggravating". It is a pretty commonly known on this site that if a camo pattern is brought up it is browbeat into the ground as not being near as good as Enigma by you and Rob. I drew and shot a turkey while in my treestand this fall while wearing predator. Now how is that not as effective? I fooled a birds' eyes. You and I argued back and forth on a post about whether Drenalines have handshock. You said no way that they had handshockand the other day I saw in a threadwhere you admit the drenaline has handshock. When I made that review; only a handful of archers in the country had even had a chance to shoot the drenaline. Now it is commonly accepted by everybody in the archery industry that the drenaline does have somenoticeable handshock.I have no owner loyalty with any product; period. I use what I like and won't use something I don't. I had a guy the other day offering to hook me up with a carbon clothing maker. I said ," No way, the stuff is a ripoff of consumers and doesn't work. I won't sell out or use something I don't believe in."
I prefer predator camo over my enigmaand I like my Vectrix over my Tribute. I own both types of camo and both bows and can make an honest comparison as I own both. I will hunt with my enigma and tribute though.I have shot the Switchback XT and I really like the bow. I even told my dealer that if he gets a good used one in when someone trades theirs in for a drenaline to give me a call.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Banned

What do you expect? I ask for some comments on sticks and limbs and I am told that "IT won't fit the bill" and that the "photos are all staged". Am I suppossed to roll over and say, yea, nothing works like that enigma?!!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, good thread. I'm thinking I might want to be part of the solution. I'm in, I'll take that branch.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Just "debate" Don:

It is a pretty commonly known on this site that if a camo pattern is brought up it is browbeat into the ground as not being near as good as Enigma by you and Rob.
That's unfair. I've never said ANYTHING derogatory about ANY other camo pattern. Go back and look. Your statement is TOTALLY unfair.

I drew and shot a turkey while in my treestand this fall while wearing predator. Now how is that not as effective?
I never said it wasn't (being fair, again.....when did I say this?). Also.....there are parts of the country that shy away from the taking of turkeys from treestands. Not me, per se......but in my neck of the woods its taboo.

You and I argued back and forth on a post about whether Drenalines have handshock. You said no way that they had handshockand the other day I saw in a threadwhere you admit the drenaline has handshock.
Now Don....I'm not arging with you....I'm just setting the record straight. The posts are back ther ein the archives....and anyone could go back an check to see if I'm misstating things. I stated a long time ago that the VECTRIX AND the TRYKON....AND (more recently) the drenaline ALL had hand shock (or in the case of the Drenaline....wasn't as smooth as the other Mathews bows). In fact.....I think I said I thought the Trykon was going to jump out of my hands. That's what I said.

I prefer predator camo over my enigmaand I like my Vectrix over my Tribute. I own both types of camo and both bows and can make an honest comparison as I own both.
Bravo!! It's just like wives, Don.....they're all special to us.....and we have different tastes/wants/needs and desires. I love mine. You love yours. That doesn't make one "better" than the other.

What do you expect? I ask for some comments on sticks and limbs and I am told that "IT won't fit the bill" and that the "photos are all staged". Am I suppossed to roll over and say, yea, nothing works like that enigma?!!
If you'll go back to that thread.....I NEVER said ANYTHING bad about ANY camo. I also NEVER said ANYTHING about another brand. I even said I hated the "staged" photos of EVERY MANUFACTURER.....and singled out NONE. If we're going to be fair.....that's what I did.

Once again.....I'm just discussing this with you. If I did something wrong....I'll apologize to you.....right here in the forum.

Sincerely

jeff
Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Banned

BTW; happy new year Jeff and everybody else!!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, the school yard, name calling stuff is getting old! Funny at first but now pretty sad!

Quick Reply: Observations.....honest observations.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.